What is a cloud call center?
A cloud call center distributes inbound and outbound calls entirely over the internet. Call center agents can talk with customers and leads from any location — even from home. Any company can set up a cloud call center since it requires no physical hardware. Lower your costs with the power of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology.
How does it work?
Unlike traditional call centers that use physical equipment like desk phones and servers, a cloud call center solution uses an internet connection to make and receive calls. Once your agents are signed up on a cloud-based provider like Nextiva, they may use any internet-connected device for customer interactions.
Who is it for?
A cloud call center limits conversations to just voice communication while a contact center handles several digital channels including live chat, email, support tickets, SMS/text messages, and phone calls. If you're looking to scale phone-based communications, then a VoIP call center might fulfill your needs over an omnichannel contact center solution.
Contact center vs. call center
Are you a large business with hundreds of agents?
If you want to route support tickets and calls based on communication channels, lead information or other CRM-related attributes, a contact center platform is the way to go. Ensure five-star customer service across all channels.
Do your customers mostly reach you over calls?
Let’s say 85% of customers contact you by phone versus just 15% via email. Here, a call center phone system can offer you real-time call analytics, remote functionality for virtual teams, and reliable VoIP telephony.
Customer experience can be your competitive advantage.
Connected agents > multiple apps
- Call Pop: Our call center phone system pulls data from your CRM instantly. Customer information displays on an agent's screen when the phone rings. From past interactions to customer satisfaction scores, screen pop gives you all the context you need.
- Integrations: With our VoIP and CRM integrations, connect Nextiva's cloud call center software to your favorite apps. Why switch between business tools, when you can call right out of your CRM!
- The Nextiva App: Let agents configure their Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) status, sign in or out of call center queues, chat with team members, and take calls on their mobile phones.
Match callers with the right agents at the right time.
- Call routing: Manage the ways you route calls with Nextiva’s call center PBX. Advanced call routing distributes calls to the right agent based on their skills. Set up call routing based on the time of day, caller ID, auto attendant selections, and other criteria.
- Click to call: Click on any phone number in your CRM or the Nextiva App to initiate phone calls. One-click dialers reduce human errors, speed up callbacks, and let you log more call notes. Goodbye, misdials!
- Advanced IVR: Replace multi-level phone menus with automated call flows using speech recognition. Our Smart Attendant lets you create personalized interactions with callers. Virtual Agents can also handle basic requests while your reps focus on higher-value conversations.
- Call flows: Want your toll-free phone numbers to offer a unique caller experience? Design your call flow on a canvas with drag-and-drop simplicity. Export your call flow and have a record for reference. Get your IVR up and running in minutes.
Robust reporting and supervisor tools
- Call monitoring: Nextiva’s call monitoring dashboard tracks live call center statistics and agent performance metrics. Accessing call queues, DNIS support, call routing policies, and call center thresholds is effortless.
- Call recording: Call recording is one of the best ways to get call insights directly from your cloud call center. Turn this feature on for Quality Assurance (QA) of sales, support, and service teams for ongoing coaching.
- Customer support metrics & KPIs: Make better decisions with call data like Talk Time, Abandoned Calls, Call Volumes, and Agent Availability. Measuring agent performance is easy with scheduled reports and visual call analytics available inside our call center software.
If you care about agent performance, you won't just use any cloud call center.
On-premises vs. cloud call center
Setup and ongoing costs
On-site installation and ongoing maintenance fees
Fast remote installation, remote maintenance
High startup costs:
- PBX servers
- Office space
- Time to market
Zero startup costs
- Extra line installation
- System updates
- Data storage
- Lengthy contracts
- Taxes and fees
- Monthly rate per user
- Taxes and fees
Schedule on-site appointment
Remote installation on your schedule
Lengthy, expensive maintenance contracts
Provider manages the hardware and maintains it
Manual processes add time to each interaction
Automation features that save agent time
In-person visits necessary for new hardware and lines
Virtual licenses and apps make scaling instant
Requires a technician to arrive and fix outages
Decentralized cloud with redundant server locations
IT must protect your voice network with expensive hardware and software
Military-grade data centers, fraud mitigation, and regular security audits
Basic call forwarding
Ready-to-use softphone apps for iOS and Android
Manual forwarding and three-way calling
ACD, skills-based routing and call flows, team presence
Vendor-specific adapters or API designs
Ready-made Computer Telephony Integrations built on secure APIs
Real-time analytics with 200+ standard reports
Advanced: Improve first call resolution with Call Pop and dynamic call routing
Cloud call center: Plans & pricing
Call Center Professional
Per month / userGet a quote
Call Center Enterprise
As low as
Per month / userGet a quote
Looking for a full-service cloud contact center?
And why Nextiva's call center?
Fully cloud-based call center
Every feature you need to power your call center.
- Automatic call distribution and forwarding
- Built-in reporting with live dashboards
- Excellent call quality with HD codecs
- Customizable outbound caller ID
Easy and fast account setup
Deploy your call center in record time.
- Professional account onboarding available
- Transfer phone numbers and add more later
- Adjust settings in an elegant online portal
- 24/7 support via phone, chat, and email
Works with your current business apps
Integrate your existing tech stack with Nextiva.
- Close more sales using Salesforce, HubSpot, and Zoho CRM integrations
- Helpdesk integrations enable you to assist more customers via Zendesk and ServiceNow
- Use Nextiva on iPhone, Android, Windows, and macOS
- Compatible with hundreds of Poly, Cisco, and Panasonic VoIP phones
People love Nextiva. See why
“Nextiva is top-notch. Since starting to work with them, I’ve encountered legitimately some of the best customer service in any realm. It’s outstanding.”
IT Director, The Conan O'Brien Show, Burbank, CA
“I can’t really say enough about the support. Nextiva is top-notch when it comes to any issues that I have. It is thorough, it is responsive, and it’s professional.”
Director of Technology, Shelby America
“We’re still discovering new features constantly. I am very sure we are going to be pleasantly surprised even more in a few months from now.”
IT Director, The Conan O'Brien Show, Burbank, CA
Cloud call center FAQs
A call center can be added to an existing virtual phone system in a matter of minutes. A wizard takes you through the features that need to be configured, and lets you add agents and supervisors. Additional features or customizations can be added or adjusted within a few minutes.
Agents can access the call center dashboards and adjust their call center availability from their desktop browser, or using a mobile application. Users can also take calls from the call center using their mobile application.
Nextiva’s team of advanced account technicians will work with you to understand your needs in a call center and help you design a call flow that best suits your business.
Depending on the size of your business and individualized needs, onboarding can take anywhere between a few days to a few weeks.
The process of porting a phone number from your previous provider typically takes 7-14 business days.
Nextiva’s onboarding provides remote installation with phones from Nextiva.
On-site installation (optional) is available at an additional cost. Phones are shipped by ground unless you request a different shipping method.
Yes, Nextiva provides companies free porting for all lines of service. All you need is a recent phone bill or proof of ownership of one or more phone numbers.
After you complete an online letter of authorization, Nextiva's porting specialists will take care of everything to ensure your move to cloud phone service is successful. They'll inform you of your port-in date, and you'll be good to go.
See how easy it is to move your phone numbers in this short video:
If you have any questions, let us know so we can help you at every step along the way. Trust us — we've seen and heard it all.
Nextiva can provide details on API integrations that you or your teams can use for custom workflows. Additionally, Nextiva has integrations with many tools. If you’re not sure, please reach out to a Nextiva support rep.
You can also purchase a custom integration for in-house tools that you would like, but this process can take time to customize and test.
Each user who can place or receive calls is considered one line of service. You are charged for the maximum number of users you can create for your account.
Also, some standard taxes and fees apply to each line of service on an account. For more information or tax details by state, click here.