The Internet and the connectivity that it brings have changed business over the past ten years. Now with businesses and consumers relying on online activities to conduct business, no longer do retailers rely on storefront locations for sales of merchandise or services. Now just about all transactions that used to be done face-to-face can be done online.
The Internet has provided access not only to external users, but also internal users at companies throughout the world use e-business platforms for customer information, human resource needs, document storage and other purposes. Other e-business techno.ogy users are for VoIP, email, web conferencing, shopping, online marketing and a variety of other uses.
While e-business initiatives provide convenience for internal and external users, it also has concerns. Security of data which is being transmitted is a big issue with online users, companies need to ensure that any data and costumer information being transmitted be securely kept from external people who could use this data for identity theft and other criminal uses. For more information on e-business technology, please review the following information:
- Making CRM Work – information on how businesses utilize customer relationship management programs to better understand their customers.
- Framework for CRM – article showing how customer relationship management systems work with customer service.
- Human Resources – application of e-business technology and human resources in the business world.
- Introduction to E-business – information on the many uses of e-business in the business world.
- Human Resource Issues – helpful article on the challenges faced by Human Resource professionals in e-business.
- Electronic Document Storage – useful information on how e-business technology is utilized for electronic document storage.
- Internal Marketing in an E-Business Environment – informative article outlining the uses of internal marketing in an e-business environment.
- Exploring E-business Applications – article discussing various aspects of e-business including VoIP technology.
- What is E-business – informative article giving a definition of e-business uses.
- How to Be Successful With E-mail Marketing – e-marketing tips and information on how e-business can be used.
- Overview of E-business – useful information on the workings e-business towards customers.
- Web Conferencing – article discussing the of web conferencing in e-business.
- Improving Communications – helpful resource showing how e-business is improving internal and external communications.
- Marketing and Communications – information on how e-business can improve communications of a business.
- Summary – informative summary on e-commerce from Harvard University.
- E-commerce Security – information on how security is needed in e-commerce.
- Business Models on the Web – useful information on e-commerce on the Internet.
- E-commerce Dictionary – glossary of commonly used terms in e-commerce.
- Online Shopping Safety – useful information on how to shop safely online.
- Online Shopping – a look at the rise in online shopping vs. traditional shopping.
- Online Shopping and E-Payments – government information on shopping online and how e-payments work.
- E-business Security Guidelines – information on how security works in the e-business environment.
- E-business Security – useful information about e-business security issues.
- Modeling E-business Security – article showing various aspects of e-business and security concerns.
- E-business Security – resourceful site containing information on e-business security.
- E-business Resources – listing of websites on e-business and security.
- E-Commerce Resources – useful information on a variety of e-business topics.
- Resources for E-Commerce – helpful collection of resources for businesses in the e-commerce area.
- E-Commerce Case Studies – information on a variety of topics in e-business and e-commerce.