What’s new in NextivaONE? Select the year below to view the product updates.
- In addition to the meeting link and dialing in, now you can instantly join a meeting by entering the meeting ID directly in NextivaONE.
- Now user’s can enable/disable location forwarding directly from NextivaONE. For more information, click here.
- Now you can instantly search and edit call flows in NextivaONE under the Contacts panel.
- Admins and users no longer have to access the old Nextiva app to use Call Flow features. Call Flows are now available under contacts so you can transfer a call to the sales department (and send the customer through the Sales Call Flow) by dialing the extension or typing “sales” into search.
- Call Flows have their own conversation history so you can see incoming/outgoing history for the call flow.
- Call flow details are visible, similar to the contact card, so you can see key info on a call flow (display name, first/last name, extension, phone number).
- Users can now enable/disable call forwarding, call routing, and outgoing call settings directly from the NextOS voice settings page.
- Now you can set your status and availability – including your call center status, and the outbound calling number from NextivaONE. You can also launch the Agent/Supervisor dashboards, see all assigned queues, and join/leave call center queues (if allowed by the account admin).
- Users can now set up and enable/disable Nextiva Anywhere, remote office, and simultaneous ring directly from NextivaONE or from the NextOS voice settings page.
- Users are now able to edit their name, email, reset their password and security pin, and select time zone.
- Users can enable/disable their voicemail and make changes to basic and advanced voicemail settings.
- Now users can set their emergency location, including the ability to edit and delete a remote location.
- If a user has a Meet Me Conference number assigned, they will be able to view their conference numbers directly from NextivaONE and the NextOS voice settings page.
- Previously, the mobile app had unpredictably silenced notifications, which resulted in missed calls, voicemails, and messages.
- Login experience. Previously, users experienced an unexpected jump between pages when they logged into the mobile app. This release removes that jump for a smoother experience.
- Fixed outbound call screen not displaying in certain scenarios.