This article is the complete guide to explaining how to adjust the call routing before incoming calls are received through the call center. This article is part of a two-part series of articles. Please read Call Center Routing Adjustment Overview before you begin reading this article.
To Set Up Call Center Routing from NextOS:
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Advanced Routing at the top of the screen and select Call Center Locations.
Call Center Locations
- Select the Log In button to the right of the call center you wish to enable International calling on.
Configuration Portal Login
- The Configuration Portal will open in a new tab or window. On the left-hand menu, select Call Center.
- Select Call Centers under the Basic column.
- Select Edit to the right of the Call Center you wish to adjust the routing for.
- Select Routing Policies on the left-hand menu and select Overflow under the Queue column.
- Under Action, select one of the following options:
- Leave in queue: All stranded calls will be left in queue.
- Perform busy treatment: All stranded calls will hear a busy tone.
- Transfer to phone number/SIP-URI: All stranded calls will forward to a specific phone number.
- Select the check the box next to Enable overflow after calls wait.
NOTE: You may either keep default for 10 seconds or increase overflow time.
- If you want to play an announcement before starting the overflow trigger, check the box for Play announcement before overflow processing.
- You can leave the default audio file or upload your own file under the Audio section. This file will play when calls enter the queue but there are no agents logged in.
- Click OK to save changes. This will take you back to Routing Policies page.
- Select Bounced Calls under the Queue column.
NOTE: The Bounced Calls feature adjusts call routing after the queue sends a call to an available agent that is not picking up the phone.
- Select the check-box next to Bounce Calls after x Rings and set the number of rings in the space that is provided.
Continued Set Up For Premium Call Centers:
- If you want to transfer unanswered calls to a different number or extension, select the check-box next to Transfer to phone number / SIP-URI and enter the 10 digit number or extension.
NOTE: You can transfer an unanswered call back to the queue.
- If an agent becomes unavailable as soon as the queue sends a call to their phone, then you need to re-route the call. Select the check-box next to Bounce calls if agent becomes unavailable while routing the call.
- If you want to notify the agent when they have had a cal on hold for a certain length of time, select the check-box next to Alert agent if call is on hold for longer than x seconds and enter the hold time.
- If you want to re-route the call when an agent has left the caller on hold for a certain length of time, select the check-box next to Bounce calls after being on hold by agent for longer than _ seconds and enter the hold time.
- Click OK to save changes. This will take you back to the Routing Policies page.
For instructions on how to adjust call routing for Stranded Calls, click here.