Announcements are custom audio recordings used with Auto Attendants. These announcements greet callers and provide them with a menu of options. Administrators can upload audio files created with third party audio recorders to the Nextiva announcement repository to use them with the desired location on an account.
NOTE: For information on recording announcements using the Nextiva Voice system, click here.
Audio files must adhere to the following requirements:
- PCM Uncompressed (µ-Law)
- .wav file format
- 8 or 16 Bit
- 8000 HZ
- Under 2 MB
TIP: Use the BroadSoft Recorder to create audio files that adhere to all the requirements listed above.
TIP: Convert audio files not in .wav format by using one of many audio file converters available for free online.
NOTE: For assistance with formatting audio files, please contact our Amazing Service Team at (800) 285-7995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uploading Announcements to a Location
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS Home Page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Locations and select Manage Locations.
- Click the Pencil icon corresponding to the desired Location.
- Click to expand the Announcements section. Audio files in the announcement repository for this location display here.
NOTE: The maximum repository capacity is 5 MB per box. Users, Call Groups, and Music on Hold each have separate repositories.
NOTE: For instructions on assigning an announcement to an Auto Attendant, click here.
- Click the Upload File button.
- In the Announcement Name field, enter a descriptive name for the announcement and click Choose File to select the desired .wav file.
- Click Upload.
- Creating an Auto Attendant
- Configuring the Business Hours Menu
- Configuring the After Hours Menu
- Recording an Auto Attendant Announcement
- Assigning an Announcement to an Auto Attendant
- Does Nextiva Provide Professional Auto Attendant Recordings?