Uploading audio files to a Location’s announcement repository allows those files to be accessible and used for any Call Group and Auto Attendant Business and After-Hours greetings. Only Nextiva Voice Portal Administrators can upload audio files to a Location’s announcement repository. For information on uploading a voicemail greeting for a User, click here.
Audio files must meet the following requirements:
- PCM Uncompressed (µ-Law)
- .wav file format
- 8 or 16 Bit
- 8000 HZ
- Under 2 MB
- Under 5 minutes
- File name must be be under 80 characters
TIP: If the desired audio file does not meet the requirements, use one of the many audio file converters available online.
Uploading Announcements to a Location:
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Locations > Manage Locations > Pencil > Announcements.
- Upload File > enter the Announcement Name > Upload.
For information on using audio files as a Business or After Hours greeting on an Auto Attendant, click here.
- Recording an Auto Attendant Announcement
- Does Nextiva Provide Professional Auto Attendant Recordings?