Set up a menu for callers and customize the call flow to fit your business needs best. Route calls based on set days and times, specify where they get routed, and what happens if the call goes unanswered.
For instructions on how to edit a call flow, click here.
NOTE: As of 07/07/21 customers will be able to choose to route calls using the call flow settings or the team/user voice settings when creating or editing a call flow. For more information, click here.
Creating a new call flow
- From the Admin home page, select Communications > Phone Systems > Call flows > Create New Flow > Start from scratch. Edit the name on the top right corner.
- Click the Phone > select a phone number > Save & Continue. This number is typically the main phone number or a direct number for a specific department. For instructions on how to add an alternate number, click here.
- Click Add action, and choose one of the below options.
- Announcement: Upload or record an announcement for callers to hear, such as monthly specials or business location details.
- Phone menu: Upload or record a custom greeting with options for callers to hear, such as press 1 for sales, 2 for support, 3 for billing, etc.
- Transfer out: Transfer calls to any external phone number, such as an emergency line during after hours.
- Call flow: Transfer calls to another call flow. Only live call flows will show in the drop-down.
- Users and teams: Route calls directly to the appropriate user or team.
- Voicemail: Route calls to voicemail when needed, such as during after-hours or when the call is unanswered.
- Dial by extension: Allow callers to contact a user or team directly by entering their extension.
- Dial by name: Allow callers to contact a user directly by entering the first few letters of their first name.
- Repeat this process until all call flow branches reach an ending point such as a voicemail box or transfer out. Click Go Live to activate the call flow.
You can make live edits to both the business hours and phone menu greetings for live call flows by selecting the call flow and making the necessary changes. To edit anything else in the call flow, you must deactivate the call flow before making changes. This will make the number unreachable until it’s active again, so it’s best to make edits during low call volume times. To minimize interruption, we recommend duplicating the active call flow and making changes to the duplicate version. When ready, you can deactivate the original flow, assign the number to the new version, and make it live. Select the call flow to edit > Actions > Deactivate. Click Go Live to make the call flow active.
Edit call flows with teams or users and set all incoming calls to follow the team or user voice settings instead of the call flow settings.
NOTE: The call flow must be deactivated to edit user and team settings.
Under Call flows, select the call flow and click on Users & Teams. To use team voice settings click Add Team, To use User settings, click Add User
- Teams: If an existing team is already being used, choose to follow the Team voice settings. Click Save > Go Live.
- Users: If multiple users are selected, click Save > Go Live to automatically create a new team.
NOTE: Any action after the Users & teams will be removed if you choose to follow the team or user voice settings.
TIP: Once your call flow is live, you can make live edits to the team voice settings and immediately update the call flow without deactivating. For more information on teams, click here.
Adding an alternate number
To add an alternate number and/or extension to your call flow, click Add phone numbers under the primary inbound phone number and select the alternate phone number(s). Click Save & Continue.