Set up a menu for callers and customize the call flow to fit your business needs best. Route calls based on set days and times, specify where they get routed, and what happens if the call goes unanswered.
For instructions on how to edit a call flow, click here.
Creating a new call flow
From the Admin home page, select Communications > Phone Systems > Call flows > Create New Flow > Start from scratch. Edit the name on the top right corner.
- Click the Phone > select a phone number > Save & Continue. This number is typically the main phone number or a direct number for a specific department. For instructions on how to add an alternate number, click here.
- Click Add action, and choose one of the below options.
- Announcement: Upload or record an announcement for callers to hear, such as monthly specials or business location details.
- Phone menu: Upload or record a custom greeting with options for callers to hear, such as press 1 for sales, 2 for support, 3 for billing, etc.
- Transfer out: Transfer calls to any external phone number, such as an emergency line during after hours.
- Call flow: Transfer calls to another call flow. Only live call flows will show in the drop-down.
- Users and teams: Route calls directly to the appropriate user or team. Choose to follow the the team or user settings or the call flow settings. Selecting team or user settings ensures that any forwarding, voicemail, or other settings already selected for that user or team will be followed.
- Voicemail: Route calls to voicemail when needed, such as during after-hours or when the call is unanswered.
- Dial by extension: Allow callers to contact a user or team directly by entering their extension.
- Dial by name: Allow callers to contact a user directly by entering the first few letters of their first name.
- Repeat this process until all call flow branches reach an ending point such as a voicemail box or transfer out. Click Go Live to activate the call flow.
You can make live edits to active call flows without ever needing to deactivate it. If using location or user voice settings, you can edit the voice settings directly under the User or Team voice settings.
Adding an alternate number to a call flow
Click the phone number node and click Add phone numbers under the primary inbound phone number. Then select the alternate phone number(s) and click Save & Continue.
Deactivating a call flow
Select the call flow > Actions > Deactivate. Click Go Live to make the call flow active again when ready.