To properly route calls, Administrators can create schedules (business hours, after hours, and holidays) in the Nextiva Voice Administration Portal to dictate when call processing policies are automatically activated and deactivated. Administrators can specify when service actions (e.g. ringing the phones, forwarding calls, and routing to voicemail) should take place by using schedules.
Create a business hours schedule to set the weekly regular open hours.
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over the username in the top-right corner and select My Account.
- Click to expand Schedules in the left panel and click Create Schedule.
- Enter the schedule details and click Save.
- Schedule Name: Enter a descriptive name for the schedule.
- Type: Select Regular.
- Level: Select the availability of the schedule:
- Enterprise: Anyone in the enterprise can use this schedule.
- Location: Only the specified Location(s) can use this schedule. Select the desired Location(s) from the Location drop-down list.
- User: Only the specified User(s) can use this schedule. Select the desired User(s) from the User drop-down list.
For Weekly Schedule, use the sliders to set the open hours, Monday through Sunday. Select the Closed checkbox to indicate the business is closed for the entire day.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Use Events to create special events for the business hours schedule, such as extended business hours on the first Friday of every month, then click Save.
- Click Finish.
Creating a Business Hours Schedule and an Event for a Location