Schedules are used to dictate when different call processing policies are activated and deactivated automatically. You can set up multiple schedules depending on your company needs. Schedules are used along with services such as Auto Attendants, Sequential Rings, or Call Forwarding Selective, to specify the time when the service action (ringing the phones, forwarding calls or routing to voicemail) should take place.
Schedules work great if your company opens and closes at the same time each day. Please remember to create a business hours schedule, as well as an after-hours schedule, so you can properly route calls automatically within your account.
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over your name on the top-right corner and select My Account.
- Select Schedules on the left-hand side.
- On the Enterprise and Location Schedules screen, click the drop-down menu to select the location to which the schedule belongs.
Enterprise and Location Schedules
NOTE: Until a Location is selected, no schedules will display.
Click on the Create schedules link on the left side of the screen.
Create Schedules Selection
- Enter the requested/desired information as indicated below.
- Schedule Name: A descriptive name for the schedule. Examples include Business Hours, After Hours, and Holidays.
- Type: This indicates the type of schedule this is. If setting up a Business Hours or After Hours schedule, select Regular as the type. If setting up a Holiday schedule, select Holiday as the type.
- Level: This specifies where the schedule will be available. The Location setting creates the schedule for the location selected, whereas the Enterprise setting makes the schedule available for all locations. The User setting will create the schedule for the selected user.
- Location: This is the location that the schedule belongs to. This drop-down list is only visible if Location is selected as the Level (see below).
- User: This is the User that the schedule belongs to. This drop-down list is only visible if User is selected as the Level (see below).
Click the green Save button at the bottom of the screen.
Select the hours for each day of the week (Figure 1-6). Alternatively, select the Closed checkbox to indicate the business is closed for the entire day.
Weekly Schedule Sliders
Closed Check Boxes
NOTE: If you wish to set up a schedule for when your office is closed instead, click the After Hours (Flip Sliders) check box. This splits the single slider into a pair of sliders as shown below.
After Hours Selection
Click the green Save button at the bottom of the screen. A pop-up message will appear confirming the schedules have been successfully created.
You will then be taken to the Event table. This table will be empty for regular schedules but will allow you to create special events that are outside of the normal time schedule you have just set. If you do not have any special events, click Manage schedule and confirm that the schedule you created appears within the table of available schedules.