Call Center Announcements allow you to set up specific greetings for callers when they enter the queue. You are also able to create announcements that your Agents can hear when a call comes to their device through the queue.
Call Center Announcements alert the Call Center Agent of the reason for the call, so they can proactively assist your customers more efficiently. Announcements also allow for an Estimated Wait Time notification, Comfort Messages, and Music on Hold configuration. To set up Call Center Announcements, please follow the instructions below:
Setup Call Center Announcements:
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Advanced Routing and select Call Center Locations.
Call Center Locations
- Once in Call Center Locations, click the Log In button on the right to navigate to the Configuration Portal.
Configuration Portal Login
- Once the Configuration Portal launches in a new tab for convenience, select Call Center on the left Navigation Pane, then select Call Centers.
Opening the Call Centers View
- You will see a list of Call Centers on the next page. Find the Call Center that you want to add a Call Center Announcement to. Click on Edit at the end of the row, or on the Call Center name directly.
Opening the Call Center Configuration
- Once the Call Center is opened up to the Profile screen on the Group level, select the Announcement Repository option to upload announcements for use in the Call Center.
- Once in the Announcement Repository is opened, click the Add button to add custom files.
Adding a Custom File
- On the Announcement Repository Add screen, click Choose File and locate the file on your computer. Once the file has been selected, enter a description for the file, then click OK.
Adding A File To The Announcement Repository
- Back in the Announcement Repository select the Search option to show the new Announcement. After verifying the successful upload of the Announcement, click OK to return to the Call Center Profile page. You will then be located at the Group level. Select Announcements to assign the Announcement.
Announcements Location at the Group Level
- Once the Announcements section is opened you will have the option to use any uploaded files in the following areas:
- Entrance Message: Utilize this tab to customize the call center entrance message that plays to callers waiting in a queue.
- Estimated Wait Message: Utilize this page to select the auto-generated wait message that plays to callers waiting in a call center queue. The message provides callers either with the approximate waiting time or with their position in the queue.
- Comfort Message: Utilize this page to customize the estimated wait message that plays to callers waiting in a call center queue. The message provides callers either with the approximate waiting time or with their position in the queue.
- Music on Hold Message: Utilize this page to customize the call center Music On Hold message that plays to callers waiting in the queue.
- Call Whisper Message: Utilize this page to customize the call center call whisper message that plays to agents answering a call while the caller receives ringing. The message typically tells the agent from which call center the call is coming (which is especially important when using Dialed Number Identification Service [DNIS] numbers). The caller continues to hear the call center treatment (such as ringing or Music on Hold) while the whisper message plays to the agent. The caller does not hear this whisper message.
Different Announcement Options For Configuration