Please read the Call Center Routing Overview article before reading this article to ensure your Call Center Routing is set up correctly.
Holiday Service Routing adjusts your call routing differently on holidays. This feature is OFF by default and is only available for Premium Call Center licenses.
This service can be beneficial to Call Centers that leave for a holiday break. You can customize the Announcement that plays during this service’s activation to let callers know when the Call Center will open back up for business, or route incoming calls to an answering service or a voicemail box.
To Adjust Holiday Service Settings:
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Advanced Routing and select Call Center Locations.
Call Center Locations
- Once in Call Center Locations, click the Log In button to navigate to the Configuration Portal.
Log In to Call Center
- Once the Configuration Portal launches in a new tab for convenience, select Call Center on the left Navigation Pane, then select Call Centers.
Navigating to Call Centers
- If you have more than one Call Center, you will see a list of Call Centers on the next page. Find the Call Center that you want to configure and click on Edit at the end of the row, or on the Call Center name directly.
Select Call Center
- On the Call Center Profile screen, on the left under Options, click Routing Policies, then click Holiday Service.
Holiday Service Selection
- The six customizable Holiday Service settings include:
- None: Standard routing policies apply.
- Perform busy treatment: Performs standard busy treatment for Holiday Service calls if the Holiday Service schedule is active.
- Transfer to phone number / SIP-URI: Transfers Holiday Service calls if the Holiday Service schedule is active.
- Holiday Schedule: Sets the schedule that the Holiday Service feature should follow. When the schedule is met, Holiday Service settings will go into effect until the schedule is completed.
- Play announcement before holiday service action: Allows a custom greeting to play to the caller. For example, a message stating the Holiday Schedule can be played, and detail when the Call Center will go live again.
- Audio: Plays the Default Nextiva announcement, plays an audio file located online, or you can select a custom greeting. Announcements are chained and play back to the caller one after another. For information on uploading announcements, click here.
Holiday Service Configuration
- Click OK or Apply to save any changes.