To properly route calls, Administrators can create schedules (business hours, after hours, and holidays) in the Nextiva Voice Administration Portal to dictate when call processing policies are automatically activated and deactivated. Administrators can specify when service actions (e.g. ringing the phones, forwarding calls, and routing to voicemail) should take place by using schedules.
Create a holiday schedule to set recurring holidays, such as Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over the username in the top-right corner and select My Account.
- Click to expand Schedules in the left panel and click Create Schedule.
- Enter the schedule details and click Save.
- Schedule Name: Enter a descriptive name for the schedule.
- Type: Select Holiday.
- Level: Select to indicate the availability of the schedule:
- Enterprise: Anyone in the enterprise can use this schedule.
- Location: Only the specified Location(s) can use this schedule. Select the desired Location(s) from the Location drop-down list.
- User: Only the specified User(s) can use this schedule. Select the desired User(s) from the User drop-down list.
- Use Events to create new events for the holiday schedule, such as Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, then click Save.
- Click Finish.
Creating a Holiday Schedule