Schedules are used to dictate when different call processing policies are activated and deactivated automatically. You can set up multiple schedules depending on your company needs. Schedules are used along with services such as Auto Attendants, Sequential Rings, or Call Forwarding Selective, to specify the time when the service action (ringing the phones, forwarding calls or routing to voicemail) should take place. Schedules are a great way to automatically route calls during recurring holidays, such as Thanksgiving or Labor Day.
- For Administrators, log in to NextOS by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on Login found at the top of the page.
- Log in to NextOS with your login credentials.
- From the main dashboard, click the Schedules link in the My Account tile (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Schedules Link
Click on the Create Schedule link on the left side of the screen (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2: Create Schedule
- Enter the required information as indicated below (Figure 1-3):
Figure 1-3: Schedule Details
- Schedule Name: a descriptive name for the schedule. Examples include Business Hours, After Hours, and Holidays.
- Type: the type of schedule this is. Select Holiday as the type.
- Level: this specifies where the schedule will be available. The Location setting creates this schedule for the location selected, whereas the Enterprise setting makes the schedule available for all locations. The User setting will create the schedule for the selected user.
- Location: this is the location that the schedule belongs to. This drop-down list is only visible if Location is selected as the Level (see below).
- User: this is the user that the schedule belongs to. This drop-down list is only visible if User is selected as the Level (see below).
- Click the green Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the + button to create an event for your holiday schedule (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4: Holiday Hours
- Enter the required information below (Figure 1-5):
Figure 1-5: Event Time
- Event Name: The name of the particular holiday for this Event: Christmas, Memorial Day, Independence Day.
- Event Time: Select the date from the calendar on the Start date, and set the start time when the schedule would differ for that particular day. Like half-days for Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve. Set the end date if the event is a multi-day holiday or the end date will match the start date by default. Then set the end time. If the office is closed for the entire day, choose the all-day event check box.
- Never: it only occurs once.
- Daily: You can make it happen every x number of days. Like a schedule that is applied every day or every other day. NOTE: The schedule must encompass 24 or fewer hours to use daily recurrence.
- Weekly: The schedule can be set for every week, every x number of weeks, and you can even select the specific days of the week via checkboxes. NOTE: The schedule must encompass 24 or fewer hours to use weekly recurrence.
- Monthly: You select how often this works: every month, every other month, every 6 months, etc. You can also select either the specific date of every month, like the 1st of every month, or you can select the specific day of every month, like the 1st Monday of every month.
- Yearly: The schedule can occur every year if you’d like. For example, New Years is always on the 1st of January. You can also set the schedule to be a specific day of a specific month, such as Labor Day, which is the 1st Monday of every September.
Recurrence Range: Set how long the schedule will recur. This will only be changeable if the schedule is set to recur. (See above).
- Never: the schedule will be implemented each time it is able and never stop recurring.
- After X occurrences: Set X, and the system will stop recurring after the schedule happens X times.
- End Date: Set a date that will stop the schedule from being implemented.
- Click the green Save button at the bottom of the screen. A pop-up message will appear confirming the Holiday Schedule has been successfully created (Figure 1-6).
Figure 1-6: Confirmation Popup
NOTE: For instructions on how to add a Holiday Schedule to an existing Auto Attendant, click HERE.