Customize your After Hours Menu to fit your business needs best. Route calls based on the business hours schedule, specify what greeting to play, and what happens when a caller presses the corresponding option from the After Hours Menu. Upload or record a custom Greeting with options for callers to hear—for example, press one if it is an emergency, or press two to leave a voicemail, etc.
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login > Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Advanced Routing > Auto Attendants > Manage Auto Attendants > select the Location of the Auto Attendant > Pencil > After Hours Menu. > select a Greeting. For more information on how to record a greeting, click here.
TIP: Select the Allow extension dialing during greeting checkbox to allows callers to dial the extension of the person they want to reach.
- Create the After Hours Menu for the Auto Attendant:
- Key: The numbered menu option that callers will press (e.g. “For sales, press 1, for support, press 2,” etc.).
- Description: A description of the menu option.
- Connect To: Specify what happens when callers press that key. The most common option is Number/extension, which immediately forwards the call to an extension or external number. Options Include:
- Number/extension (prompt xfer): Send calls to a specified extension or external number and play a short message before doing so. If the call is transferred to an extension on the same account, the message that will play is “Transferring to…” and the recorded name from the voicemail box. If the call is being transferred to an external number, the message that will play is “Please wait while your call is transferred.”
- Number/extension: Sends calls to the specified extension or external number without playing any messages.
- Transfer to Operator: Sends calls to a specified extension or external number after playing a message that says, “Please wait while your call is transferred to the operator.” Callers who do not dial an extension or press a numbered option on the Auto Attendant will be transferred to the operator.
- Name Dialing: Send calls to an automated menu that prompts the caller to use their keypad to enter the name of the person they want to reach.
- Extension Dialing: Send calls to an automated menu that allows callers to enter the extension of the person they want to reach. This is not necessary if the Enable first-level extension dialing checkbox is selected.
- Voicemail Box: Send calls to the voicemail box of the Auto Attendant.
- Recorded Message: Play the selected message, then send calls back to the main Auto Attendant menu.
- Repeat Menu: Replay the message.
- Disconnect Message: End the call.
- Connection Data: The extension or external number the call should route to when callers press that numbered option. This does not apply to actions such as Disconnect Message or Repeat Menu.
TIP: To send a call to the voicemail box of an extension, enter *55, followed by the extension number (e.g. *552000 for the voicemail box of extension 2000).
After Hours Menu