Nextiva SMS is a Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) feature that empowers Users to send and receive text messages with their Nextiva App to and from any SMS-enabled number (like a cell phone). All messages sent to a Nextiva phone number are stored in the Chat section of the Nextiva App, eliminating combined personal and business-related text/SMS message traffic.
Messages sent from the Nextiva App to an SMS-enabled number are stored in the standard SMS deposit location (iMessage, Messages, etc.) for the recipient. Users must create a new Contact for each SMS recipient using the Desktop App, even if the contact is already located in the company directory, with the IM field formatted as 10-digit email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
NOTE: As a prerequisite, a Pro or Enterprise Business Communication Suite license, an Office Pro Plus or Office Enterprise license, or the Nextiva App add-on is required to use the Nextiva App to send and receive SMS messages. The initial setup must be completed as well. Please Submit a Ticket to request the SMS feature to be enabled.
Adding an SMS Contact:
- Open the Nextiva Desktop App and click the Plus (+) icon at the top-right corner.
NOTE: New Contacts can only be added from the Nextiva Desktop App.
New SMS Contact
- Enter the Display Name of the Contact. Nextiva recommends naming the Contact with “SMS” at the end of the name to distinguish the SMS Contact.
- Scroll down to the IM Address field and enter the SMS-enabled number for the Contact using the following format: 10-digit email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click Save.
Sending and Receiving SMS Messages:
- Tap the Plus (+) sign under Messages.
- Select the SMS Contact in the To: field.
- Enter the message in the Type your message field.
- Tap Send.
Sending a New SMS Message
When Users receive a reply, the SMS displays in the Message section of the Nextiva App.
- Setting Up the Nextiva App for iPhone
- Setting Up the Nextiva App for Android
- Managing Contacts on the Nextiva App for iPhone and Android
- Making and Receiving Calls on the Nextiva App for iPhone
- Making and Receiving Calls on the Nextiva App for Android
- Transferring a Call on the Nextiva App for iPhone and Android
- Instant Messaging on the Nextiva App for iPhone
- Instant Messaging on the Nextiva App for Android
- Creating Groups on the Nextiva App for iPhone and Android
- Updating Team Presence and Status on the Nextiva App for iPhone
- Updating Team Presence and Status on the Nextiva App for Android
- Configuring Call Settings in the Nextiva Mobile App for iPhone and Android