The Nextiva App is a great resource for business users to manage their unified communications solutions. It has never been easier to use voice, video, instant messaging, and team presence services from a single device. Users can access account and feature settings from their computer, tablet, or any mobile device. The Nextiva App supports Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android platforms.
NOTE: As a prerequisite, a Business Communication Pro or Enterprise license is required to use the Nextiva App. For assistance assigning a license to a User, click here.
Downloading the Nextiva App
- Android 4.4 and newer and Apple iOS 10.3 and newer are required.
- Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan, 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra or newer are required.
- Windows 7 SP1, 8/8.1, or 10 (Classical view only) or newer are required.
Enter the NextOS username and password, then click Sign In.
Nextiva App Login Screen
NOTE: For desktop versions of the App, Users may need to add “@nextiva.com” after the username (i.e., email@example.com).
Adjust availability settings or easily check the status of a contact via the Nextiva App to determine the best way to contact them.
- The Nextiva App automatically shows when Users are on the phone.
- Manually change presence to show Available, Away, Busy, or Offline.
Location Indicator and Status Bar
Users can change the My Location settings to share or hide their location from displaying in the Nextiva App by clicking the location and time. Users can also enter a personal message in the What’s on your mind? field.
Individual and Group Chat
Chat one-on-one or with multiple contacts at once.
- Double-click on any contact, or right-click on any contact and select Chat, to open the chat window.
- Drag-and-drop another contact into the chat window to instantly create a group chat.
- Select the My Room icon to open a group chat. Drag-and-drop contacts into the group chat or copy the invitation and invite contacts to join the room.
NOTE: Firefox no longer supports My Room invitations. The latest version of Chrome, Internet Explorer 11+ (Windows), and Safari 7+ (Mac) are the only supported browsers.
Within a chat window, Users can perform the following functions:
- Click the Phone Handset icon to initiate a call to the contact or conference bridge.
- Click the Video Camera icon to start a video conference.
- Click the Desk Phone icon to send a call directly to the desk phone.
- Click the Screen Share icon to share the screen.
- Click the Information icon to display the User’s contact information.
NOTE: Users can drag-and-drop files in a chat window or click the File Share icon to share files with chat participants.
To start a screen share, start an individual or group chat and click the Screen Share icon. Users can choose to share their entire screen or a specific application. Click Start Sharing to begin.
Make and receive calls from the Nextiva App, and display the same caller ID as your Nextiva desk phone. Click the Dialpad menu icon, and dial the phone number or extension. Then click the Call button.
NOTE: Users can pull active calls from a physical phone to the App, and vice versa. Dial *11, or select Calls > Pull Call (or CTRL + P) to pull the call to the App. Dial *11 on the physical phone to pull the call from the App to the physical phone.
Click the Call History icon to view the list of all incoming and outgoing calls.
Click the Chat History icon to view the list of all chat records.
Click the Call History icon and select the Voicemail tab to access the voicemail. Click the vertical ellipsis and select any of the available options (e.g., Play, Call, Add to Contacts, etc.).
- Sending and Receiving SMS with the Windows Nextiva App
- Sending and Receiving SMS with the macOS Nextiva App
- Using Highlight to Call with the Nextiva App for Windows
- Using Highlight to Call with the Nextiva App for macOS
- Nextiva App: Outlook Integration
- Nextiva App: Windows Setup
- Nextiva App: Mac Setup
- Nextiva App Overview: Call Settings and Preferences
- Nextiva App: Managing Contacts for Windows