Repetitive and often tedious tasks, such as notifying customers every time their Case is updated or sending out birthday/anniversary greetings, take resources and focus away from more critical tasks. To save time and resources, as well as to ensure nothing falls through the cracks, businesses can automate marketing, sales, and service tasks. Use automation rules in NextOS to execute tasks based on predefined criteria.
The following components make up every automation rule:
- Trigger: An event or a specific date/time that begins the task.
- Case is updated.
- Account is created.
- Contact’s birthday.
- Action: The specific result that completes the task.
- Send a text message or email.
- Send a survey to the email associated with the contact or account.
- Create a Case assigned to Billing with the Topic “Billing Questions.”
Rules may also contain the following components:
- Condition: Requirements that need to be met before the Action will be performed.
- Case Status is “Awaiting Response,” and the Assignee is “Support.”
- Subject contains “Billing.”
- Contact Phone Number is “Not Null,” and Primary Of is “Not Null.”
- Wait Block: An amount of time that must transpire or a specific date/time that must be true before initiating the Action that completes the task.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Wait for five days.
- Perform the Action on January 1, 2021.
Creating a New Rule
Creating a Role
- Visit nextiva.com, and click Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS Home Page, select CRM.
- Click Administration Tools (wrench) at the top-right corner of the Nextiva CRM window.
- Under Automation in the left navigation panel, select Workflow Builder and click the Plus (+) icon at the top-right corner of the page.
- Complete the Setup page and click Next.
- Enter a unique Name for the rule (at least eight characters) and a Description of the rule (optional).
- Toggle the Rule status (Draft) switch to ON (green) to indicate the rule is not completely configured.
- Select a Category to help organize the rules.
- Build the rule on the Build page by adding the following components:
- On the Test page, click the Start button to verify the rule, then click Next.
- On the Finalize page, review the feedback and click Save & Close.
NOTE: Click Activate now or toggle the switch next to the rule name to enable the execution of the rule if desired. Otherwise, Administrators can activate the rule by changing its status in the rules table.