To make and receive calls through Nextiva, a User must be created so that a phone can be linked to the system and the User. This allows the system to correctly route calls to the User while provisioning the phone with all of the User’s details (phone number, extension etc.). Follow the steps below to set up a User account and assign a phone to that User.
To Create a User in the Nextiva Voice Portal:
- As an Administrator, you can access the Nextiva Voice Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and clicking the Login link at the top of the page. Alternatively, click HERE.
- Log in to the portal with your admin credentials.
- From the main dashboard, hover-over Users and select Add Users (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Add User Selection
- Fill out the following fields as indicated below (Figure 1-2):
Figure 1-2: Entering New User Information
- First Name: First name of the User.
- Last Name: Last name of the User.
Username: Desired login name for the User. This must be unique across all of Nextiva, and can only contain the following characters:
- Periods (.)
- Hyphens (-)
- Colons (:)
- Square brackets ([ and ])
- Email: Email address for the User.
- Email Voicemails: Check this box to send a file copy of voicemails to the email specified above.
- Phone Number: The User's direct phone number (if applicable).
- Extension: Extension number for the User.
- Primary number unreachable: Phone number to forward incoming calls to in case the User's phone is offline.
- Location: Specific location the User works in.
- Time Zone: Time zone for the User.
- Authorized User: Check this box to make the user an Authorized User. After doing so, a PIN number will need to be created. Authorized Users are Users who can call into Nextiva support to request information about the account, and can also request changes to the account.
- Send a Welcome email with login credentials to the user: Sends a welcome email to the User with their login credentials.
- Click the Save & Continue button toward the bottom-right of the page.
- The page will automatically open the E911 Address section, which is pre-filled out by the Location information selected. Confirm that the User will be physically located at the location specified should they call 911 from their device. Select Save & Continue toward the bottom-right of the page.
- The page will automatically open the Device section. If you are ready to assign a device, select the Yes radio button. Select a device previously added to the account, or add a new device to the account if one is available. If not adding a device, select the No radio button (Figure 1-3). Click this link for information on adding a device at a later time.
Figure 1-3: Device Radio Buttons
- Finally, you can Upload a Greeting if desired. If no greeting is uploaded, the default greeting will play. Click this link for information on creating a greeting at a later time.
- An email will be sent to the User, containing a link to NextOS, as well as their unique username and password (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4: Welcome Email