Here are some troubleshooting steps you can perform on your fax bridge if you are unable to send faxes.
If you are having issues sending from your fax machine:
- Verify that the fax machine is plugged into the fax bridge and is configured to answer a call.
- Verify that the phone line from the fax bridge is plugged into the line port on the fax machine.
- If the fax machine has a handset make sure to check for dial tone.
- If the user has a regular old phone handset, have them try to plug the phone into the fax bridge telephone port to test for dial tone.
- Verify that there is no pre-programmed options for dialing a 9 or 8 before sending out a call.
Usually, the issue is that the fax bridge is ringing the fax port trying to deliver a fax and since the fax machine is not configured to answer calls the port will just ring and ring. So when a you try and send a fax there is no dial tone because the fax bridge is trying to ring the fax machine.
Tell us how can we improve this post?