The Business Hours Menu dictates what the business hours schedule is, what greeting to play, and what happens when a caller presses the corresponding option from the After Hours Menu. Callers can be connected to an extension, an external phone number, hear a recorded message, and more.
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS Home Page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Advanced Routing and select Auto Attendants. The options to create or manage an Auto Attendant will display under Auto Attendants in the left panel.
Auto Attendants Option
- Select the Location of the Auto Attendant from the drop-down list.
- Click the Pencil icon to the right of the desired Auto Attendant.
- Click Business Hours Menu to expand the section.
- Select the desired greeting from the Greeting drop-down menu. For instructions on how to record an Auto Attendant greeting, click here.
- Select the Allow extension dialing during greeting checkbox. This allows callers to dial the extension of the person they want to reach.
- Create the Business Hours Menu for the Auto Attendant:
- Key: The numbered option that callers will press (e.g. “For sales, press 1, for support, press 2,” etc.).
- Description: A description of the numbered option.
- Connect To: Specifies what happens when callers press that key. The most common option is Number/extension, which immediately forwards the call to an extension or external number. Options Include:
- Number/extension (prompt xfer): Sends the call to the specified extension or external number, but plays a short message before doing so. If the call is transferred to an extension on the same account, the message that will play is “Transferring to…” and the recorded name from the voicemail box. If the call is being transferred to an external number, the message that will play is “Please wait while your call is transferred.”
- Number/extension: Sends the call to the specified extension or external number without playing any messages.
- Transfer to Operator: Sends the call to the specified extension or external number after playing a message that says “Please wait while your call is transferred to the operator.” Callers who do not dial an extension or press a numbered option on the Auto Attendant will be transferred to the operator. This should be the 0 option on the menu.
- Name Dialing: Sends the call to an automated menu that prompts the caller to use their keypad to enter the name of the person they want to reach.
- Extension Dialing: Sends the call to an automated menu that allows the caller to enter the extension of the person they want to reach. This is not necessary if the Enable first-level extension dialing check box is selected.
- Voicemail Box: Sends the call to the voicemail box of the Auto Attendant.
- Recorded Message: Plays the selected message, then sends the call back to the main Auto Attendant menu.
- Repeat Menu: Replays the message.
- Disconnect Message: Ends the call.
- Connection Data: The extension or external number the call should route to when callers press that numbered option. This does not apply to actions such as Disconnect Message or Repeat Menu.
TIP: To send a call to the voicemail box of an extension, enter *55, followed by the extension number (e.g. *552000 for the voicemail box of extension 2000).
- Click Save.
Business Hours Menu