Caller ID information (custom name and associated number) may display incorrectly (or not display at all) on the recipient’s phone for any of the following reasons:
- The caller has not sent the Caller ID Update request for the carrier to update the National Caller ID Database. For information on requesting a Caller ID update, click here. Updating the National Caller ID Database can take up to 30 business days to complete.
- The recipient’s carrier has not pulled the caller’s new Caller ID information from the National Caller ID Database. Nextiva cannot control how often the recipient’s carrier updates their databases.
- The recipient’s carrier does not display Caller ID information.
- The Caller ID name has a 15-character limit, so a name exceeding this length will be cut off on the recipient’s phone. A typical display name is 9 to 12 characters.
- The caller’s number is a toll-free or fax number. Caller ID for toll-free and fax numbers cannot be changed.