There are a variety of reasons users hear buzzing on VoIP calls. Commonly referred to as static or crackling on the line, the first step to diagnose the issue is to determine if one device or many devices on the network are experiencing the issue.
If one device on the network is experiencing the issue:
- If using a headset, pick up the handset to see if the problem continues. If so, replace the headset.
- If using a handset, place calls on speakerphone to see if the problem continues. If so, replace the handset audio cord.
- Replace the Ethernet cable with a new cable to see if that resolves the issue.
If more than one device on the network is experiencing a buzzing noise on VoIP calls, there is likely an issue with the Internet network. To perform a Nextiva Network Quality test, click here. Compare the results with the chart below.
Recommended Network Quality Speed Test Results
- Nextiva Networking Guidelines
- Why Do I Hear Static on the Line?
- Why Do I Hear Background Noise on the Line?
- Why Do I Hear Crackling on the Line?