When setting up a new device on your Nextiva account, the first two steps are to create a User and add a device.
Be sure to complete these steps before provisioning your phone(s). If you purchased your new phone(s) directly from Nextiva, you are all set! Plug the phone into a power source as well as the Internet, and you should now be able to make a test call.
If you did not purchase your phone(s) from Nextiva, please follow these setup steps.
To Set Up a Linksys/Cisco SPA921 and SPA922:
- Plug in the phone. Once the phone is booted up and shows the time and date (which may not be correct), press the menu button on the phone. This is the button that looks like a piece of paper with a folded corner.
- Press 9 on the keypad. The current IP address of the phone should display on the screen. Make a note of this IP address, as you will need it later.
- Go to http://dc.nextiva.com/nextos.html in a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.).
- Select the Linksys SPA922/SPA921 phone model from the list toward the top of the page.
- Enter the current IP address of the phone into the Enter Device IP Address text box toward the bottom of the page.
- Click the Provision Device button at the bottom of the page. You will be taken to a page that says “SPA will resync the profile when it is not in use…” and the phone will reboot.
- Once the phone has booted up, reboot the phone manually by temporarily disconnecting the power from the back of the phone. You do not need to keep it unplugged for any specific amount of time.
Once the phone boots up, it will sit idle for approximately 30 seconds. After this, it will reboot and go through a firmware upgrade, as well as provision and register itself, which will allow you to make and receive calls.
Note: If the phone doesn’t auto-provision, make sure to check that the correct MAC address and Model phone have been assigned to the employee.