Customize and upload an audio file to play for callers while they are on hold, waiting in queue, or being transferred. Nextiva offers three default music options, available to listen to below.
Option 1: Listen | Download
Option 2: Listen | Download
Option 3: Listen | Download
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS > Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, select Locations > Manage Locations > Pencil > Location Features > Music on hold.
- Hover over the Default option > Pencil. Enter the required information below > Save.
- Department: The department within the location that will utilize the selected file. Do not choose a department if you want the Music on hold to be used for the entire location.
- Enable music during Call hold: Play music while a caller is on hold.
- Enable music during Call waiting: Play music if you receive another incoming while you are already on the phone.
- Enable music during Call Park: Play music when you park a call.
- Preferred audio codec: Select G_711. This is the only audio codec supported by Nextiva, click here for more information.
- System-defined music: Use the default music on hold.
- Custom music file: Specify a custom music file to play when callers are placed on hold. For information on how to add audio files to the Announcement Repository, click here.
NOTE: Select the Advanced Settings to set up internal music on hold.