The Call Center Wizard is a convenient way to setup a Call Center, tailoring all configurations to the needs of your Call Center experience. The Wizard will guide you through initial setup, call routing, and assigning Agents.
There are three types of Call Centers configurable through the wizard:
- Call Queuing (Basic): Comes with features like entrance announcement, call distribution policies, and inbound call information. Voicemail and forwarding are also included features.
- Call Center Pro (Standard): Comes with all Basic features and ACD sign in and sign out functions, as well as additional support for optional features like call recording, and Supervisor Dashboard.
- Call Center Enterprise (Premium): Supports all features of Call Center, with advanced features like inbound DNIS, and silent monitoring.
To Setup a Premium Call Center Through the Wizard:
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS Home Page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Advanced Routing, then select Call Center Locations.
Call Center Locations
- Click the Log In button to the right.
Configuration Portal Login
- The Configuration Portal launches in a new tab. You will be at the Group level. Select Call Center on the left Navigation Pane, then select Call Centers.
Open the Call Centers View
- You will see a list of Call Centers on the next page. To begin the Call Center Wizard, click the Add Call Center Wizard button.
Start the Call Center Wizard
- Select the Premium radio button, then select Next.
Premium Radio Button
- The next screen will be the first of a five-step process to configure the new Call Center. Fill out the following information:
Step One of Premium Setup
- Call Center ID: This unique ID assists in routing calls. Make sure nextiva.com is selected from the drop down after the @ symbol. There can be no spaces in the name, and must be 6 or more characters.
- Name: A friendly name for the Call Center.
- Calling Line ID: When someone calls the Call Center, this is the name displayed on the receiving Agent’s device.
- Initial Password: This password will be used with third-party integration services. Must be 4 or more characters.
- Department: Gives Administrator the ability to departmentalize their phone system, a key component to Unity.
- Language: Currently English is the only language package Nextiva has available.
- Time Zone: Used for scheduling functions, reporting, and time-dependent call routing.
- Group Policy: How incoming calls will ring to Agents. There are five different types to choose from:
- Circular: Sends the calls to the phones one at a time, moving down the list of users until someone answers. The next call will start ringing the phone where the last call left off.
- Regular: Rings the phones one at a time, always trying the person at the top of the list and working its way down.
- Simultaneous: Rings all of the phones at the same time.
- Uniform: Phones ring one at a time in the order of idle time. The Call Center offers the next call to the Agent who has been off the phone the longest.
- Weighted Call Distribution: Assigns each Agent a percentage. The Call Center will then try to distribute the calls based on the configured Agent percentage
- Additional settings on this screen include:
- Queue Length: This limits the number of people that can wait on hold for an Agent. Calls will follow overflow treatment when queue length is reached. Premium Call Centers can have a maximum of 500 callers in queue.
- Enable Video Support: This feature is not supported.
- Play Ringing When Offering Call: Once an Agent becomes available, the caller will hear ringing instead of hold music while the call connects.
- Allow Callers to Dial “0”: If a caller presses 0, he/she will hear the Call Center voicemail. Configuring the Call Forwarding Busy option inside of the Call Center changes this option. When deselected, nothing will happen when the customer presses 0.
- Reset Caller Statistics: Resets waiting clock when transferring calls from one Call Center to another using Overflow or Bounce routing policies.
- Allow Agents to Join Call Center: Call Center Agents can join and remove themselves from their assigned Call Centers.
- Allow Call Waiting on Agents: Sends calls to Agents who are already on a call.
- Enable Calls to Agents in Wrap-Up: Agents will still get calls, even in Wrap-up. Wrap-up is the time the Agent has after each call before the next call.
- Maximum Wrap-Up ACD timer: The maximum amount of time after the end of a call before the Agent is back in the queue.
- Automatically Set Agent to State: Administrators can choose between available, unavailable, and wrap-up.
- Automatically Answer Calls After Waiting X Seconds: Allows calls presented to agents to be answered automatically after the specified amount of time and rendered over the device’s speaker and microphone.
- After filling out the required fields, select the Next button.
Select Next to Continue
- Next, you will be presented with DNIS configuration settings. For additional information about DNIS, please see the article titled How to Configure Dialed Name Identification Service (DNIS). Configure the DNIS settings, if applicable, and click the Next button.
DNIS Configuration Page
- To assign Agents, click the Search button in the upper-right to show all of the Agents in the Group that can take calls. Select the Agents desired and click the Add button. The Agents move from the Available Agents field to the Assigned Agents field. Click Next when finished assigning Agents.
Assigning Agents to a Call Center
- Next, you can assign Supervisors to monitor Agents. Click the Search button to bring up all of the Agents in the Group that can be assigned as Supervisors. Select the Agent(s) desired and click the Add button. The employee(s) move from the Available Supervisors field into the Assigned Supervisors field. Then click Next.
Assigning Supervisors to a Call Center
- From the drop-down field in the upper-left hand corner of the screen, select a Supervisor. Select the Search button to the far right. A list of available Agents to supervise is displayed in the Available Agents field. Select the Agent(s) to supervise, then click the Add button in the middle.
Assigning Agents to Supervisors
- Click Finish to create the Call Center.
- To reach the Call Center, you will need to assign an extension or direct phone number. To do so from the main Call Center Profile screen at the Group level, select Addresses.
Call Center Number and Extension Assignment
- Select a phone number from the drop-down. The last four digits of the phone number may be automatically assigned as the extension. If you wish to change the extension, you may do that as well.
Number Assignment Screen
Your Call Center is now set up and configured! Test the functionality before deployment by using one of the temporary numbers Nextiva assigns all new accounts. This will ensure that all of the routing works properly. Next steps include configuring Announcements and having Agents join the Call Center.