Adding additional Agents to a Call Center allows Users to accept incoming calls. For example, as new employees are hired and complete training they will need to take calls, Agents can be added to a Call Center to fill in for others if a queue is short-staffed, and new Call Centers can be created for new marketing campaigns and staffed. Once the User has been added to the Location that contains the appropriate Call Center, the instructions below will assist with adding the User as an Agent to a Call Center.
To Add an Agent to a Call Center:
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Advanced Routing and select Call Center Locations.
Call Center Locations
- Once in Call Center Locations, click the Log In button to navigate to the Configuration Portal.
Configuration Portal Login
- Once the Configuration Portal launches in a new tab for convenience, select Call Center on the left navigation pane, then select Call Centers.
Opening Call Centers View
- If you have more than one Call Center, you will see a list of Call Centers on the next page. Find the Call Center you want to configure and select Edit at the end of the row, or select the Call Center name directly.
Opening the Call Center Configuration
- Once the Call Center Profile screen is opened, under the Basic column in the Call Center Profile window, select Agents.
Opening Agents Configuration
- Select Search in the upper-right corner to bring up the list of Users that can be added to the Call Center. Select the Users under Available Agents to highlight their names. Select Add > to move them into the Assigned Agents column. Select OK to save.
Add Agent to Call Center
- Once the Agent has been added to the Call Center, the Agent must join the Call Center to receive incoming calls. An Administrator account is not needed to join an Agent to a Call Center. After selecting OK, you will be brought back to the Call Center Profile window. Select Group in the upper left corner to return to the Group level.
Back to Group Level
- From the Group level, select the Users option in the Profile column, then click the Search button to the right of the Users window. Select the name of the User or select Edit to the right of the User’s name.
Joining the Agent
- Select Call Control in the left pane, then Call Centers in the Advanced column.
Agent Call Control
- The list of Call Centers the Agent has been assigned to is shown. Select the checkbox next to Join Call Center on the left to join the Call Center. If your employee is a member of more than one Call Center, you may need to check more than one box.
Join Call Center
NOTE: Once the Agent has joined the Call Center, he or she is ready to change his or her ACD State to Available and receive incoming calls based on the Call Center routing configuration.
For instructions on how to assign Supervisors, click here.