There are a variety of reasons that calls routed to a Call Group are not delivered properly, are delivered out of order, or fail in general. The issue is usually network or configuration related, and can also be carrier-related. If there is a carrier issue, calling the Call Group should play the carrier’s error message.
Verify the Call Group settings in the Nextiva Voice Portal. The two most important factors when troubleshooting Call Groups are the number of rings and the call distribution policy.
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS Home Page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Advanced Routing and select Call Groups.
- From the drop-down menu, select the location of the affected Call Group.
- Click the Pencil icon to the right of the desired Call Group.
- Verify that the Call Distribution Policy is configured to deliver calls in the correct order.
- Make sure the Call Group lists the correct Users.
- Click Advanced Settings and configure the appropriate number of rings.
Verifying Distribution Policy, Users, and Number of Rings
If one phone does not ring, but all of the other phones do, disconnect the affected phone from power, and check the connections. Plug the phone back in after 10 seconds and place a test call to the Call Group. If the phone does not ring, dial the phone directly to test. If the phone rings, recheck the Call Group settings.