Provisioning phones is required when companies bring their own phones, rather than purchasing them from Nextiva. Phones purchased from Nextiva are already provisioned. Phones not purchased from Nextiva require provisioning for use with Nextiva Voice.
NOTE: Before provisioning the phones, be sure to create a User and assign a license to that User. Be sure to also add the device to the Nextiva account and assign the device to a User.
To provision Poly phones:
- Reset the phone to factory settings: Press and hold 1, 3, and 5 on the keypad. When prompted, enter password 456.
NOTE: If previously with JIVE, and 456 does not work, use 8647.
- Reboot the phone (or unplug it and plug it back in). A 10-second countdown timer appears on the phone after a reboot.
- Press the Setup key when it appears on the screen.
- Enter password 456.
- Scroll down to Server Menu and press Select.
- Change the Server Type to HTTP using the left and right arrows on the phone and press OK.
- Enter the Server Address (case sensitive) corresponding to the phone being provisioned:
- VVX 201: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX201/
- VVX 300/310: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX300/
- VVX 301: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX301/
- VVX 311: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX311/
- VVX 400/410: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX400/
- VVX 401: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX401/
- VVX 411: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX411/
- VVX 500: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX500/
- VVX 501: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX501/
- VVX 600: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX600/
- VVX 601: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX601/
- Use the a/A/1 key on the screen to alternate between lowercase, uppercase, and number.
- Use the 1 key for a colon (:).
- Use the asterisk (*) key for a period.
- Use the pound (#) key for forward-slash (/), underscore (_), and dash (-).
- Press OK.
- Press Back, scroll down, and select Tag SN to UA. Set this to Enabled and press OK.
- Press Exit twice, then Save, and Reboot.
Please allow a few minutes while the Poly phone boots up and configures the settings of the User assigned to the phone. If the phone displays the error “Could not contact boot server”, check that the correct MAC Address is assigned to the User by logging in to NextOS. Also, be sure to enter the Server Address exactly as it is listed above. A capital letter or a missing character will prevent the phone from provisioning and registering.