Busy Lamp Field (BLF) is a service that allows a User to see/monitor (from their phone) whether another User is on the phone or not. This feature is commonly used by administrative assistants for ease of call transfer, and by call center managers to assist in monitoring their employees. BLF is not compatible with all phones.
- For Administrators, log in to NextOS by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on Login found at the top of the page.
- Log in to NextOS with your login credentials.
- From the main dashboard, hover-over Users toward the top of the screen and select Manage Users (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Manage Users
- Hover the cursor over the name of the user you want to setup BLF for, and click the pencil icon to the right (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2: Edit User
- Scroll down and click the Monitoring section (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3: Monitoring Section
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the Busy lamp field option (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4: Busy Lamp Field Edit
- Enter the name of the User which will be monitored in the Filter available users field, then click the plus sign next to the User in the Available Users table to move the User to the Monitored Users table. You can also scroll through the Available Users table to manually find a User. Click the plus sign next to the User who will be monitored to move the User to the Monitored Users table (Figure 1-5).
Figure 1-5: Busy Lamp Field User Select
NOTE: If the list of Available Users is greater than 1000, no Users will display in the Available Users table, and a warning message will appear. Continue entering characters to narrow your search parameters to under 1000 Users, and results will appear.
- Click the green Save button at the bottom of the Busy Lamp Field section to save the BLF settings for the User.