NextOS 3.0: How to set up Call Recording for a user
Call Recording allows you to record your incoming and outgoing calls for review and training purposes. These files are archived for up to six months and are easily accessed and downloaded using the Nextiva Call Recording application. Please be aware of the call recording laws in your area.
- For Administrators, log in to the NextOS 3.0 portal by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on the customer Login found at the top right.
- Log in to the NextOS 3.0 portal with your login credentials.
- From the main dashboard, click Manage in the Users tile (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Manage Users
Don’t see this? Click here for previous versions.
- Hover your cursor over the user for whom you want to set up Call recording, and click the pencil icon to the right (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2: Edit User
- Scroll down and select the Monitoring section (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3: Monitoring Section
- Click the pencil icon to the right of Call Recording to enter the configuration menu (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4: Edit Call Recording
- Enter the required information as indicated below (Figure 1-5):
- Never: results in the user’s calls never being recorded.
- Always: results in all of the user’s calls being recorded at all times.
- Always with Pause/Resume: allows the user to start and stop the recording during a call using feature access codes.
- On Demand: automatically records every call, but also automatically discards every recording if the feature access code to keep the recording is not entered.
- On Demand with User Initiated Start allows the user to control when the recording starts using feature access codes.
Figure 1-5: Select a Call Recording Frequency
- Play recording start.stop announcement: this setting controls whether the end user hears a message when the user starts or stops call recording. (Figure 1-6)
- Record voice messaging: this setting controls whether voice messages left on the user’s voicemail box are recorded.
Figure 1-6: Additional settings
- Pause/resume notification: this setting controls the type of notification the end user hears when the user pauses or resumes call recording. The options are (Figure 1-7):
- Play announcement
- Repeat record call warning tone every _ seconds: this setting controls whether and how often a warning tone is played if the call is being recorded.
Figure 1-7: Pause/Resume Notification Settings
- Click the green Save button at the bottom of the pop-up window. A pop-up message appears stating that the call recording settings for the user have been saved successfully (Figure 1-8).
Figure 1-8: Confirmation Message
After enabling Call recording for a user, additional work will need to be done by Nextiva to make sure you can access any recorded calls. Please contact Nextiva Support for further assistance.
NextOS 2.0: How to set up Call Notify
Call Recording files are archived for up to six months and are easily accessed or downloaded using the Nextiva call recording application. You’ll need administrator level access to set up this feature. Please be aware of the call recording laws in your area.
How to set up Call Recording from the Nextiva Portal:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees.
- Next select the Employees link in the middle of the page.
- You’ll need to assign a Call Recording license to the user first. Click Edit to the right of the user whose calls you want to record. Make sure if you need to listen to other user’s calls, that you perform these steps on your own user account first.
- Scroll down and click Edit Assignments in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Click Assign to the left of the NextOS Call Recording (SAAS) service. If you need to add licenses, contact our Sales team at 800-799-0600.
- Next select Sites & Employees on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click Login, then select Users. Click the Search button, find your user, and click Edit to the right of that user.
- On the left-hand menu, select Call Control. You’ll see the Call Recording link on the right side of the screen. Select Always, and then OK.
- Have each user make an outbound call that lasts at least 30 seconds. If you are the administrator and need to be able to listen to other user’s calls, you will also need to make an outbound call that lasts at least 30 seconds from your Nextiva line.
- The last step is to set up users and passwords. For this step, please contact Nextiva support at 800-285-7995. You will need to have support add your and all users to your Call Recording group (have your account security PIN ready!).
Listening to a user’s calls:
- Now that you have set up Call Recording, you’re ready to listen to a file. Only an administrator has access to Call Recordings. First, go to the Nextiva Call Recording App.
- Log in with the username and password provided to you by Nextiva Support. Search for the call you want using the search fields on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You can select one file and click the speaker icon to hear the recording.
- If you’d like to download one or more files, click the box to the right of each recording. Next, pick the Action drop-down box toward the top of the screen, and select Export selected media files.
Select the option to either open the zip file or save it to your computer.
Setting up another user’s login credentials:
- Only an administrator has access to Call Recordings and can create additional users to access the files. First, go to the Nextiva Call Recording App.
- Log in with the username and password provided to you by Nextiva Support.
- Click the Admin tab at the top of the screen. Then select View to the right of the user’s name on the left-hand side of the screen. You can also search by the user login string using the fields on the right side of the screen. Their login string will be their Nextiva user ID: userID @nextiva.com (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click Edit and change the first and last name if needed. Fill in the password information.
- Select Yes and Submit.