When setting up a new device on your Nextiva account, the first two steps are to create a User and add a device. The User should already be created, and a Nextiva Voice license should already be assigned to the user. If the SPA112 was purchased directly from Nextiva, plug the device into a power source and the Internet, and place a test call. If the SPA112 does not register, or if the adapter is not from Nextiva, complete the setup steps below to obtain the IP address and enter the provisioning information.
Obtain the IP Address
- Plug in the Cisco SPA112 adapter and connect an analog phone to the first port.
- Once the adapter boots up, pick up the phone connected to the adapter, as though making a call. Using the phone will identify the IP address, which is needed for setup.
- Dial **** (four stars).
- Once the automated prompt begins to play, dial 110#. The IP address of the adapter will play. Make note of the IP address.
NOTE: If the automated prompt does not play, please contact Nextiva’s support department at 800-285-7995 for assistance.
Provision the SPA112
- From a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) open the Cisco Provisioning Site: https://dc.nextiva.com/nextos.html.
- Select the Cisco SPA112 adapter model from the list toward the bottom of the page.
- Enter the IP address of the adapter in the Enter Device IP Address text box toward the bottom of the page.
- Click the Provision Device button at the bottom of the page. The following page will display “SPA will resync the profile when it is not in use…” and the adapter will reboot.
Once the adapter boots up, reboot it manually by disconnecting the power from the back, then reconnecting it. The SPA112 will not need to be unplugged for any specific amount of time. Once the device comes back online, the analog phone will have a dial tone.