Shared Call Appearance (SCA) allows a user to display their extension on one or more phones. This feature is often used by administrative assistants and receptionists to monitor, answer, and make calls from their boss’s line. Follow the steps below to set up SCA.
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS Home Page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover your cursor over Users and select Manage Users.
- Hover your cursor over the user whose extension you want to appear on another phone, and click the pencil icon to the right.
- Scroll down and click to expand the Routing section toward the bottom of the screen.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the Shared call appearance feature.
Shared Call Edit
- Enter the required information as indicated below:
Shared Call Appearance Options
- Alert everywhere for click-to-dial: Check this box if the user is using click-to-dial programs, such as the CommPilot Call Manager or the Nextiva Unity client. Click-to-dial programs allow the user to click on a phone number on their computer screen and have an outgoing call initiated from a device assigned to their user account.
- Alert everywhere for group paging: Allows the user to receive group pages on any of the devices assigned to their user account.
- Allow call retrieve from another location: Allows the user to “pull” calls from one device to another by dialing *11 from any of the devices assigned to their user account. To pull a call is to take a call that is active on one device and continue the call on another device assigned to the same user. With Poly phones, it is possible to add a Pull soft key to facilitate pulling a call to the Poly phone. The Nextiva App also allows a call to be pulled using a special button at the bottom of the app.
- Multiple call arrangement: Allows the user to make separate but simultaneous calls from two or more of the devices assigned to their user account. For example, a Poly VVX300 phone is assigned to a user’s account, and they also want the ability to call out using the Nextiva App on their mobile phone at the same time. Multiple call arrangement allows them to do this. NOTE: Multiple call arrangement is only available with the Enterprise upgrade. If you do not have the Enterprise upgrade, please speak with your sales representative.
- Enable call park: Allows a user to park a call on one of their devices, and pick up the call from another device assigned to their user account.
- Allow bridging between locations: Allows a second user to pick up a phone assigned to a user, and barge in on a call that is in progress. For example, you are currently working from home, making calls using a Poly VVX300 that is assigned to your account using SCA. At the office, another user picks up your desk phone, and barges in on the call so they can speak to either party. Bridging makes this possible. This is different from the call barge feature, in that another user is not barging in on your call from one of their phones. They are barging in on your call from another one of your phones.
- Bridge warning tone: Specifies whether there is a tone played when another person barges in on a call using bridging. By default, it is set to None, meaning no tone will be played.
- Click Save. A pop-up window appears indicating your shared call appearance settings have been saved.
- Click the plus sign on the lower-right corner of the Shared call appearance menu.
Shared Call Appearance Edit
- Select the device to assign SCA to in the User Device drop-down list, and enter a unique string in the Line/Port text box. An example of a unique string would be a random set of numbers (e.g. 654096540612) or the user’s login name, followed by SCA (e.g. john.smithSCA).
- Make sure the Enable this location, Allow origination from this location and Allow termination to this location checkboxes are selected. These three settings will ensure the user can make and receive calls from each device assigned to their user account.
Shared Call Appearance Options
- Click Save new appearance. A pop-up window appears indicating your new shared call appearance has been added.