If a Vtech device was purchased from a third party, the device has previously been provisioned, or the admin password has been lost or forgotten, a factory reset will be needed to clear the phone of all settings and connect successfully to the Nextiva Network. The instructions below are compatible with the following models of Vtech phones:
- VTech VSP715
- VTech VSP725 / VSP726
- VTech VSP735 / VSP736
- VTech VCS754
NOTE: After completing a factory reset, the device will be cleared of all settings. To connect the device to the Nextiva network, the device will need to be provisioned. Click here for instructions on adding the device to the Nextiva Voice Portal, assigning a User, and entering provisioning information to successfully register on the Nextiva network.
Click a link below to be directed to the relevant section:
Hardware Reset (Password Unknown)
To Factory Reset Through the Phone Menu (Password Known)
To Factory Reset Through the Web Interface (Password Known)
NOTE: The hardware reset will only work if the AC adapter is in use. A Power Over Ethernet (PoE) connection can not be used to perform this type of reset.
- Plug the AC adapter into the device and allow it to boot up completely.
- Within 5 minutes of the device booting up, enter ***3332858#.
- The Message Waiting indicator will flash if entered successfully, and the device will factory reset.
Through the Phone Menu:
- Navigate using the phone buttons to Menu > Admin Settings > Select.
- Press the 123 soft key to change encoding to lowercase letters, then enter admin as the password.
- Scroll down to Reset to Default.
- Press the Yes soft key to confirm the factory reset.
Through the WEBUI:
- Obtain the IP address of the device by navigating to Menu > Status > Network > IPv4.
- Enter the IP address into a web browser on a computer connected to the same network as the device.
- Enter admin for both the username and password.
- Click SERVICING in the upper-left of the window.
- Click Provisioning on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down and click Reset at the bottom of the screen.
- Click OK when the pop-up message appears to confirm the factory reset.
- Click Save.