In NextOS you can assign multiple phone numbers or extensions to an Auto Attendant. Each number will reach the same greeting and each menu will function identically to the main number. You can set this up by following the steps below:
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Advanced Routing at the top of the page, then select Auto Attendants.
Auto Attendants Option
- On the Manage Auto Attendants screen, click the drop-down menu to select the location to which the Auto Attendant belongs.
NOTE: Until a location is selected, no Auto Attendants will display.
Select Auto Attendants Locations
- Hover the cursor over the Auto Attendant that needs Alternate numbers configured, and click the pencil icon to the right.
Edit Auto Attendant
- Scroll down and select the Call identification section.
NOTE: You may need to call Nextiva Support to add the Alternate Numbers package to your account.
Call Identification Section
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the Alternate Numbers feature.
Editing Alternate Numbers
- Enter the information as indicated below:
Alternate Number Configuration
- Distinctive ring: Controls whether the ring is different for incoming calls to the alternate phone numbers.
- Active: Informs whether the number is active by placing a check-mark in the Active field. Will be active after saving the details.
- Phone number: The alternate phone number.
- Extension: The alternate extension number. This is optional.
- Ring pattern: The ring pattern that the user will hear when the alternate phone number or alternate extension number receives an incoming call.
- Click the green Save button on the bottom-right of the screen. A pop-up message appears stating Alternate numbers are saved successfully.
- Make sure the ON/OFF button for this feature is set to ON. If it is set to OFF, click the button to change the setting to ON.