Be sure to complete these steps before provisioning your phone(s). If you purchased your new phone(s) directly from Nextiva, you are all set! You should now be able to make a test call.
If you did not purchase your phone(s) from Nextiva, please follow these setup steps.
To Set Up a Poly SoundPoint IP 670:
Note: The phone will attempt to boot up and configure the settings of the employee assigned to the phone. Please allow a few minutes. If the phone displays the error “Could not contact boot server”, it is important to check that the correct MAC Address is assigned to the employee by logging in to NextOS here. Also, be sure the Server Address was entered exactly as directed above. Having a capital letter or a missing character can cause the phone to not connect properly.
- To start, please be sure you have added the device’s MAC to the account and associated it with a user. Then, make sure your Poly is showing firmware in the 4.x.x range. Check firmware.
- Once you verify your phone is showing 4.x.x firmware, reboot the phone (or unplug it and plug it back in). You’ll see a 10-second countdown timer displayed on the phone after a reboot.
- Press the Setup key when it is displayed on the screen.
- You will be prompted with Enter Password. The password, by default, is 456.
- Scroll down to Server Menu and press Select.
- Edit the Server Type and change it to HTTP using the left and right arrows on the phone. Select OK.
- Edit the Server Address and change it to dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-6xx/.
- Important Note: The Server Address is case sensitive and has to match up precisely with the server URL (dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-6xx/).
- There is a key labeled a/A/1 on the screen that can be used to alternate between lowercase/uppercase/numbers.
- The asterisk (*) key is used for periods.
- The pound (#) key is used for forward slashes (/), underscores (_), and dashes (-).
- When you finish entering the URL, press OK. Press Exit, Exit again, then Save, then Reboot. Please allow a few minutes to reboot.