When setting up a Poly phone that you did not purchase from Nextiva, you’ll need to check the firmware to make sure it is the newest version. If the phone is showing firmware versions 3.x.x, you’ll need to upgrade to 4.x.x. This article will show you how to check your phone’s firmware and upgrade it if needed.
How to check the firmware on a Poly phone:
- Reboot the phone (or unplug it and plug it back in).
- Push Menu.
- Select Status.
- Select Platform.
- Select Application.
- Select Main.
- Check the firmware version and determine whether it is 3.X.X or 4.X.X.
NOTE: If your phone is showing firmware in the range of 3.x.x, you’ll need to upgrade the phone to version 4.x.x before entering the provisioning rule and setting up the phone.
To upgrade the firmware:
- Obtain the IP address of the phone as it’s booting up, or by going to Menu > Status > Network > TCP/IP Parameters.
- Enter the IP address into a web browser. The phone has to be on the same local network as the computer in order for this to work.
- If your phone asks for a password, the default password is 456.
- Hover your mouse over the Utilities Menu and select Software Upgrade.
- Verify that the Server Type is set to Polycom Hosted Server and then select Check For Updates.
- You should see a list of firmware types under the Software Available at Polycom Server drop-down list.
- Select the 4.0.4.**** option out of the drop-down and press Install. The phone will go through its upgrade process at this time. When complete the phone will provision normally on the new firmware.