Nextiva offers a virtual fax service at an affordable price. Now you can send faxes via the vFAX Portal, an email address of your choosing, or even a traditional fax machine with the purchase of the Nextiva Fax Bridge device.
Click HERE to purchase a fax line.
For instructions on how to Check for Incoming Faxes, click HERE.
To send faxes via email:
Log in to the email account you set as the primary email address for your vFAX account. Only one email address is set up as the primary email for each vFAX line. If you’re not sure which email to use, feel free to log in HERE and select Fax Settings or Update Profile from the Dashboard.
Once you are in the primary email, navigate to compose a new email. When writing the email, enter the receiving fax number @nextivafax.com in the TO field (I.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Attach the documents you would like to fax in the order the recipient should receive them. You can attach up to 10 files.
NOTE: Faxes larger than 2MB will experience extended send times. Your email provider may also limit the file size you can send.
Below is a list of accepted files:
- Microsoft Office Files (DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX)
- Printer File Formats (PCL, EPS, PS)
- Text Files (TXT, RTF, XML)
- Adobe Acrobat Files (PDF)
- Image Files (TIFF)
- Image Files GIF, PNG, JPEG will only work if they are not embedded images.
- Once your documents are attached, you can type a message into the subject and body of the email if you wish. If you are using our default cover page, the subject will appear on the Fax Subject, and any text in the body of the email will be displayed under Notes on the cover page. When you’re done, you are ready to send the email.
NOTE: There is a maximum amount of 2,000 characters on the Notes section of the cover page.
vFAX via Email
- Sending your fax is now complete. You can track the progress of your fax by logging into the vFAX portal and select Search at the top to view all faxes, or you can refer to the email notifications if enabled. Faxes tend to take 1 to 3 minutes per page on average.
NOTE: A fax can not be canceled once it has been sent.
To send faxes with the Nextiva vFAX Portal:
- Log in to the vFAX Portal HERE and enter your login credentials. Answer the security question, and click Submit.
- Click Send A Fax from the Dashboard.
- Enter the required information in the following fields: Fax Number (destination number), Deliver To (name of the recipient), Sent From (sender’s name), Fax Subject, and Notes. You also have the option to include or remove the Cover Page and Schedule faxes to be sent on a specific date as well. The only field that is required is the Fax Number.
NOTE: If you would like to include your own cover page, remove our default cover page and attach your own cover page before attaching all other documents.
- Once you have filled out all the required information, you’d like to use, click Next in the upper right corner.
- Here you have the option to upload a file (up to 10 files total per fax). The accepted file formats are listed on the right side for easy reference. Find the file(s) on your computer that you want to send by selecting Browse. The file(s) you selected will display under Selected Files once they have been successfully attached. Files will send in the order you add them.
- Click Next once all of your files are attached.
NOTE: At any time, you can select the Edit button to the left of Next. This will take you back to the previous step.
- You should now see the Preview Fax screen. You will notice the preview fields are showing coding; this screen is just to show you where the info feeds from, including the info from the Recipient Info tab. Click Next.
- The next screen accomplishes two tasks. First, it gives you the option to select the Type of fax (personal, business, etc.) and a destination Folder. This is used for organizational purposes; if you would like additional information on how to create a new filter, click HERE. Also, you may add a memo for yourself to reference down the road. This screen also allows you to add five additional fax numbers or email addresses so that you can send up to 6 recipients at a time. Once complete, click Send.
- Sending your fax is now complete. You can track the progress of your fax by clicking Search to view all faxes, or you can refer to the email notifications if enabled. Faxes tend to take 1 to 3 minutes per page on average.
NOTE: A fax can not be canceled once it has been sent.
To resend faxes from the Nextiva vFAX Portal:
- Click Search from the top of the Dashboard to view all faxes.
- Select the Envelope icon under the Actions column of the fax you would like to resend.
- You can choose to resend the fax to an email address or fax number from the drop-down menu at the top of the window.
NOTE: If you select email, you are required to enter an email address and subject of the email.
- Select Fax from the drop-down menu.
- The previous fax number you sent to will be displayed in the Fax Number field. If sending to a different number, enter the new fax number in the Fax Number field.
- All other fields below Fax Number are optional:
- Deliver To: Enter the recipient’s name.
- Sent From: This will display your Display Name under settings.
- Tracking Key: This will not show on the cover page; this will be displayed on the vFAX portal under Search.
- Charge Code: This will not show on the cover page or anywhere on the vFAX portal.
- Filters: Select a Type or Folder from here.
- Cover Page: Select if you would like to include a cover page.
- NOTE: If you are resending a fax, including a cover page, you are required to fill out a new cover page as the previous cover page will not be included.
- Subject: Enter the subject of the fax.
- Notes: Enter any notes you would like to include on the cover page.
- Click SEND at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Sending your fax is now complete. You can track the progress of your fax by selecting Search at the top of the portal to view all faxes, or you can refer to the email notifications if enabled. Faxes tend to take 1 to 3 minutes per page on average.