If you purchased your new phone(s) directly from Nextiva, you are all set! You should now be able to make a test call after ensuring that the User has been assigned to the device, and that the phone is receiving an IP address.
If you did not purchase your phone(s) from Nextiva, please follow these setup steps.
For help using your Poly VVX phone, including common functions, click here.
Provisioning a Poly VVX 201 with Nextiva:
Note: The phone will attempt to boot up and configure to the settings of the employee assigned to the phone. Please allow a few minutes. If the phone displays the error “Could not contact boot server”, it is important to check that the correct MAC Address is assigned to the employee by logging in to the Nextiva Voice Portal. Also, be sure the Server Address was entered exactly as directed above. Having a capital letter or a missing character can prevent the phone from provisioning and registering.
- To start, reboot the phone (or unplug it and plug it back in). You’ll see a 10-second countdown timer displayed on the phone after a reboot.
- Press the Setup key when it is displayed on the screen.
- You will be prompted to enter a password. The default password is 456.
- Scroll down to Server Menu and press Select.
- Edit the Server Type and change it to HTTP using the left and right arrows on the phone. Select OK.
- Edit the Server Address. (For VVX 201: dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX201/)
- NOTE: The Server Address is case sensitive and has to match up precisely with the server URL (i.e. dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/Polycom/UC-VVX201/)
- The pound (#) key is used for forward slashes (/), underscores (_), and dashes (-).
- The asterisk (*) key is used for periods.
- There is a key labeled a/A/1 on the screen that can be used to alternate between lowercase/uppercase/numbers.
- When you finish entering the URL, press OK. Press Back and scroll down to select Tag SN to UA. Set this to Enabled and press OK.
- Press Exit twice, then Save, and Reboot. Please allow a few minutes for the device to reboot.
NOTE: For help using your Poly VVX phone, including common functions, click here.