Speed Dial allows you to place a call by pressing a reduced number of keys instead of the entire phone number. Since these shortcuts are for a user and not a specific device, speed dials remain configured if you replace your phone or have more than one active device assigned to you. Speed dial also works on the Nextiva App. Follow the steps below to set up this feature:
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover your cursor over Users and select Manage Users.
- Hover your cursor over the user you want to set up speed dials for, and click the pencil icon to the right.
- Scroll down, and select the Routing section.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of Speed Dial.
- Click the plus sign at the bottom-right of the menu.
Add Speed Dial
- Select the speed dial number from the Option drop-down list:
Speed Dial Number
- Enter a descriptive name for the speed dial in the Name text box, and then enter the phone number or extension in the Phone Number text box. Please note that special characters or spaces are not supported for the speed dial descriptive name.
Description and Phone Number
- Click the green Save button at the bottom-right of the Speed dial menu. A pop-up message appears stating that the speed dial 100 settings have been saved successfully.
- To use speed dials, go off-hook with your phone. Enter #, followed by the speed dial number (ex. #02) to connect to the assigned phone number. If the speed dial number is lower than 10, you must enter the 0 preceding the number to create a two-digit number. If you are using a computer application, dial #, followed by the speed dial number, and then press the dial button.