User access setup may be dependent on job responsibilities. For example, some companies may not want Support teams to have access to sales information. They also may want to limit administrative permissions. Nextiva CRM helps save time and increase productivity by allowing Administrators to group permissions and assign them as Roles.
Create and assign Roles to restrict access to performing administrator functions, viewing Cases, editing Opportunities, and much more.
Creating Roles for User Access
Once Users have been created (click here to learn how-to), assigning permissions to those Users will create multi-level logins and limit some Users as needed.
Limit scope of view or add the Administrator role to any User via Roles.
Creating a Role
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS Home Page, select CRM.
- Click Administration Tools (wrench) at the top-right corner of the Nextiva CRM window.
- Under People in the left panel, click Roles & Permissions.
- From the Roles and Permissions page, click Create role.
- On the Create role form, enter a name for the Role in the Role Name field.
- Set permissions using the following tabs:
- Records & Access: Control whether Users can access Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Products, Opportunities, Cases, and custom records (if applicable) in Nextiva CRM. Then, define how Users access each area by setting permissions to view, add and edit, and delete records.
- Applications: Grant or deny Users access to Dashboard Builder and Analytics (Reports). Define how Users access Nextiva Surveys by setting permissions to view, add and edit, and delete records.
- Admin: Allow or prohibit Users from performing various administrative tasks on the NextOS platform.
NOTE: Use On/Off to grant or deny Users access to a component of the NextOS platform. Administrators can also set permissions to control what records Users can view, add and edit, or delete.
- Click Save.
Assigning a Role to each User will dictate what functions and views they can access.
- Under People in the left navigation panel, select Users.
- Hover over the desired User, click Actions, and select Edit Profile.
- Select the desired role from the Role drop-down menu.
- Click Save.