A Common Phone List allows you to store frequently called numbers in the cloud so they can be dialed from the phone system. By uploading a CSV file, you are able to add numbers quickly to the phone list. Before uploading a Common Phone List, please contact our Amazing Support Team at 800.285.7995 and let us know to make the needed changes on the account.
Preparing the CSV File:
Before attempting to upload a common phone list, make sure the list is properly formatted. The file should be a CSV file, and the entries should be in the format below. You cannot upload more than 500 contacts at a time, and each column of the CSV file cannot exceed 50 characters. There is a total limit of 10,000 contacts that can be uploaded.
NOTE: Not all phones are capable of retrieving a Common Phone List.
Example: “Name, Phone number”
“Jane B Doe”,”301-555-1231″
“Jane M Doe”,”301-555-1232″
“Jane W Doe”,”301-555-1233″
“John B Doe”,”301-555-1234″
“John D Doe”,”301-555-1235″
Uploading the Common Phone List CSV File:
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS home page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Advanced Routing, then select Call Center Locations.
Call Center Locations
- Click the blue Log In button to the right of the Location the Call Center is associated with.
Configuration Portal Login
- The Configuration Portal launches in a new tab. You will be at the Group level. Select Utilities from the menu on the left side.
- Click Common Phone List at the top of the Utilities screen.
Common Phone List Selection
- Click the link Import Phone List at the top of the page. To locate your file, click the Choose File button in the middle of the page.
Choose File Button
- Locate the file on your local computer and select the file.
- Click OK to upload the list.
- To pull down the list to your phone, reboot the phone by temporarily disconnecting the power from the back of the phone. It may take a few minutes after rebooting the phone to pull down the list.
NOTE: If you run into issues uploading your file, or to see if a particular phone model is supported, please contact Nextiva’s support department at 800-285-7995 or email email@example.com.