Your Nextiva service allows you to transfer a voicemail from your mailbox to another extension’s mailbox with a few simple steps. This feature is useful if you need to share a voicemail message with a colleague.
The following steps will allow you to transfer a voicemail to another extension using your phone or an outside line:
- Access the voicemail button on your phone’s keypad, or dial *86 (if calling from an outside line, dial your phone number and press the * key).
- Enter your 4-digit passcode, followed by the # key.
- Press 1 to listen to new voicemail messages.
- After listening to the voicemail message you’d like to forward, press 9 for additional options.
- Press 2 to forward the message, and you will be prompted to record an intro message.
- Once you are finished recording your message, press the # key.
- Press 3 to forward the message.
- You will then be prompted to enter the extension you want to forward the message to, followed by the # key.
- Your voicemail is transferred to the new extension.
After you have recorded your message in Step 6 above, you have additional options to let the recipient know the importance of the voicemail you are transferring.
Additional options after you record your message
- Option 1 Change message
- Option 2 Listen to your message
- Option 6 Mark message as urgent
- Option 7 Mark message as confidential