Hoteling is a feature typically used when multiple employees use a single device. It is broken into two separate features; Hoteling Host and Hoteling Guest. All inbound phone calls for the Hoteling Guest will be redirected to the Hoteling Host’s device for a pre-specified amount of time. The Hoteling Guest will be able to make all outbound phone calls from the Hoteling Host’s device as if they were using their own device with all included features, including Caller ID and voicemail. This feature can also be set up with a limitation for the amount of time a guest can be signed into a host’s device. This time limitation is specified in the Hoteling Host feature.
Hoteling Host: Designates a user as a host, which allows another user with the Hoteling Guest service to use the host’s device with the guest’s service profile.
Hoteling Guest: Associates the user’s service profile with a host user, and the guest user can use the host’s device like their own office phone.
NOTE: You cannot specify which guest users are allowed to utilize a host device. Any guest user can use any available host device.
Setting Up a Hoteling Host:
- Visit www.nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS Home Page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover over Users at the top of the screen and select Manage Users.
- Hover your cursor over the user you want to set up as a Hoteling host, and click the pencil icon to the right.
- Scroll down and select Routing.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of Hoteling host.
Edit Hoteling Host
- Specify the maximum amount of time a guest user may use the host’s device in the Enforce Association Limit text box. Alternatively, deselect the check box to the left to remove the maximum time limit altogether. In the example below, the limit is set to 12 hours.
Maximum Login Timer
- If desired, change the Access Level to Enterprise. This allows users on other locations to use the host’s device.
- Select the gray OFF button to save the changes you have made and turn the feature ON. A pop-up message appears stating that the Hoteling Host Service has been updated.
Confirmation Pop-Up Message