Bria is a business class mobile application provided by CounterPath®. It is not a free program, and when installing it you will need to have a license key from CounterPath. If you have purchased Bria, follow the steps below to connect it to your Nextiva service:
Once you have installed the Bria application on your Android, run the program. Follow the below steps to complete the setup process in the Bria application on your Android.
- For Administrators, log in to NextOS by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on the customer Login found at the top of the page.
- Log in to NextOS with your login credentials.
From the main dashboard, hover your cursor over Users and select Manage Users (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1 Manage Users
Hover your cursor over the user you are assigning Bria to, and click the pencil icon that appears to the right of their name (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2 Edit User
- Scroll down, and click the Device section.
- Select the Own Device radio button.
Select Generic SIP Phone from the drop-down list of the Own Device list. (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3 – Device Drop-down
- Click the green Generate button under the Authentication Name text box.
- Select the Change Password checkbox under Domain.
Click the green Generate button under the Change Password check box. Copy the SIP Username, Domain, Authentication Name, and Password onto a notepad, or document them in some way, as they will be important in setting up Bria (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4 Device Details
- Click Save & Continue. A pop-up message appears indicating the transaction has been processed.
- Install Bria on your Android.
- Once you have opened the Bria application on your Android, you will see a icon. Select this icon to access the Settings menu.
- You will see various options within the Settings menu. Tap the option labeled Accounts.
- At the top of the Accounts screen, you will see an option labeled Accounts +. Tap this option to create a new account.
- Do not select any of the predefined criteria of another provider. Instead, select SIP Making Calls.
Enter the required user information you copied earlier from the NextOS 3.0 portal to provision Bria:
- Account Name: Enter “Nextiva” or any description you would like to use as your account name.
- Display As: Text entered in this field will typically show up as an “internal caller ID setting” when dialing another user or extension within your Nextiva account.
- Username: Enter the SIP Username that you generated earlier in the NextOS 3.0 portal.
- Password: Enter the Password that you generated earlier in the NextOS 3.0 portal.
- Domain: Enter the domain that you generated earlier in the NextOS 3.0 portal, which is prod.voipdnsservers.com.
- VM Number: The user's voicemail number should be entered as 9999.
Continue by selecting the Account Advanced option, and enter the required information.
- Outbound Proxy: Enter prod.voipdnsservers.com:5062
- Authorization Name: Enter the Authentication Name that you generated earlier in the NextOS 3.0 portal.
- Select the Back option and return to the Accounts menu.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, select the Accounts button.
- Proceed by tapping the Preferences button.
Within the Mobile Data Network, turn the following two settings to On:
- Use When Available
- Allow VoIP Calls
- In the upper left corner of the screen, select the Accounts button to return to the Accounts page.
- Select the blue arrow to the right of your Nextiva account.
- At the top of the menu, select the button labeled Register.
- The application will display Registered if all of the necessary credentials have been met.
- To confirm Bria has been successfully connected to your Nextiva account, place a test call by selecting the Phone icon at the bottom of the Bria menu.