NextOS 3.0: How to change a voicemail PIN for a user
- For Administrators, log in to the NextOS 3.0 portal by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on the customer Login found at the top right. Alternatively, click here.
- Log in to the NextOS 3.0 portal with your login credentials.
From the main dashboard, click Manage in the Users tile (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Manage Users
Don't see this? Click here for previous versions.
Hover your cursor over the user for whom you want to reset the voicemail pin, and click the pencil icon to the right (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2: User Edit
Scroll down and select the Security Information section (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3: Security Information Section
Select the Change voicemail pin check box, and enter a new PIN in the Pin text box (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4: Set Voicemail Pin
Click the green Save & Continue button at the bottom of the Security Information menu. A pop-up message appears stating the user information has been updated (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-5: Confirmation Message
NOTE: Once the voicemail PIN has been reset, the User will need to select a new voicemail PIN upon logging in successfully for the first time.
NextOS 2.0: How to set up Call Notify
Each voicemail box will have its own user-set 4-digit numeric password used to access the messages. By default this is set to '0000'. If needed you can reset this anytime. Administrators have the ability to change user voicemail passwords following the steps below.
How to update voicemail passwords from the NextOS Portal:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click on Login under the Admin Login column. Click Users and search for the employee whose information you wish to edit.
- Click Edit to the right of the user whose password you want to reset.
- Click Passwords under the Basic list.
- Make sure the Set Portal Password radio button.
Voicemail PIN numbers are always 4-digits. Enter in a new 4-digit password in the Type new password and Re-type new password text boxes.
Click Apply. You should see that the information was saved.
NOTE: You'll want the user to call into their voicemail portal and use the new password. They will immediately be prompted to change the password into something personal.