NextOS 3.0: Adding a Panasonic® KX-UT123 to a Nextiva account
All devices purchased from Nextiva will automatically be added to the NextOS 3.0 portal. Devices that are not purchased from Nextiva can be added manually, following the steps below.
- For Administrators, log in to the NextOS 3.0 portal by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on the customer Login found at the top right.
- Log in to the NextOS 3.0 portal with your login credentials.
- From the main dashboard, click the Add link in the Devices tile (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1 Adding Devices
Don’t see this? Click here for previous versions.
- Select the Own device radio button at the top of the screen (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2 Own Device
- Select the Panasonic KX-UT123 from the drop-down list and enter the MAC address (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3 Model and MAC add
- Click the blue Assign button toward the bottom of the screen. A pop-up message will confirm the device was successfully provisioned (Figure 1-4). Once you see the confirmation message, the device has been added to your account. You can assign it to a user at a later time, or go on to step 7 to assign it now.
Figure 1-4 Device Added.
- To assign the device to a user, select the user to whom the device will be assigned from the drop-down list below the blue Assign button (Figure 1-5).
Figure 1-5 Adding a User
- Click the green Finish button at the bottom of the screen. A pop-up message will appear confiriming the device was successfully assigned to the user (Figure 1-6).
Figure 1-6 User Assignment Confirmation.
- Click the green Done button at the bottom to exit the screen.
NextOS 2.0: Adding a Panasonic® KX-UT123 to a Nextiva account
Before you are able to complete this phone setup, you must have created employees in your Nextiva account. You also must have added a phone to your Nextiva account.
Nextiva Portal Setup:
You must associate the phone you are attempting to setup with an employee before it will be fully operational. Make sure you have followed the steps outlined in “Adding a Phone to Your Nextiva Account” and “Creating an Employee” before continuing.
Log in to your NextOS Portal account. Select NextOS for Account Type and enter the username and password that was provided in your welcome email.
Assigning the Phone to an Employee:
- Once you have logged into your Nextiva Portal you will see Account Setup on the left-hand side. Click View Sites & Employees, and then click Employees next to the appropriate location.
- Click Edit next to the employee you are trying to assign the phone to.
- Scroll down to Assigned Devices and click Assign New Device
- Under Device information locate Nextiva Pansonic-KX-UT-123 (Your MAC Address) with the Device drop down.
- Click Generate next to Authentication Password and finalize the setup by clicking Submit.
The Panasonic KX-UT123 requires a physical connection to a power source and an Internet connection. This model of phone has no wireless capabilities. Ensure your phone is properly connected before attempting setup.
Checking your connections:
- Power Port: On the back of the phone there is a round port labeled 9V used for providing the phone power. Ensure there is a power cord connecting to a power source (e.g. Wall outlet, or power strip).
- LAN Port: On the back of the phone there is a port labeled LAN. This port is used to connect the phone to an Internet connection. Ensure that there is an Ethernet cord going from the LAN port to an active Internet connection (e.g. Router, Switch, or an internet jack on the wall)
When you have the Panasonic properly plugged in it will boot up to “Please wait” (Followed by: Now Starting, Initializing Network, Connecting Server, Connection Error (90001) Check server and set it).
- You will see a button on the bottom of the display labeled Setup, press the button that is corresponding to the option labeled Setup.
- Use the arrow pad on the phone to scroll down to Network Settings and press Enter. Scroll down to Embedded Web and press Enter. Change this option to Yes.
- Press Back to get out of “Embedded Web” and press Back to get out of Network Settings.
- Scroll to Information Display and press Enter. Scroll down to IP address and copy down the IP Address of the phone.
On a computer with access to the internet, open an internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox). In the address bar type in the IP address of the phone.
This will prompt you for a username and password.
User name: admin
Once you have logged into the web interface of the phone, press Maintenance in the top right corner.
On the left, click Provisioning Maintenance.
In the box labeled Standard File URL input:
In the box labeled Product File URL input:
Once complete, press Save to submit changes.
Your phone should immediately display the name and extension of the employee assigned to the phone.