An Authorized User is a person who has been authorized by the Account Owner or business to act on behalf of the Account Owner or business regarding the account. An Account can have multiple Authorized Users. The Owner, an Accounting Team, and IT Support can be examples of users who may need authorized access to the account.
An Authorized User is permitted full privileges and access to information regarding the account, including the ability to add other Authorized Users, alter setup, or terminate services, for example.
- Nextiva may provide you with an Authorization Form that may be completed by the Account Owner or Authorized User listed on the account.
- This form must be completed by the Account Owner or Authorized User, and the account Security PIN must be included. This form should be emailed to Nextiva Support. Click Here for the Authorization Form.
- An Account Owner or Authorized User may contact our Amazing Service Team at 800-285-7995 and verbally approve a new Authorized User. The account Security PIN will be required to complete this transaction.
- Send an email to Nextiva Support approving a new Authorized User. This method will require that we receive the email from the primary email used for billing on the account. Please include the Account Owner or Authorized User’s first and last name listed clearly, along with the established account Security PIN. Please ensure that the desired 4-digit numeric security PINs for the new Authorized User(s) are included in the body of the email, to ensure a successful approval and addition of an Authorized User to the account.
If the User is already on the account, they can be given elevated Authorized User permissions. To do so, follow the instructions below. To add a User to the account, click here.
- All Administrators can access NextOS by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Login at the top of the screen. Alternatively, click here.
- Log in to NextOS with your admin credentials.
- From the main dashboard, hover over Users at the top and select Manage Users (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Manage Users
- Select the User to give Authorized User permissions to, then scroll down and select the Security Information section (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2: Security Information
- Select the checkbox to the left of Authorized User. Enter a PIN number to the right and make note of the PIN, then select the Save button (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3: Configuring Authorized User
NOTE: The Authorized User will use the PIN when calling Nextiva Support to gain access to the account.