How to transfer a call on a Panasonic KX-UTG 300B®
There are two types of call transfers—a warm transfer (attended), and a blind transfer (unattended). A warm transfer occurs when you speak to the party you are transferring the call to before you transfer the call to them. With a blind transfer, you do not speak to the receiving party before transferring the call.
- While on a call, press the TRANSFER button toward the bottom-right of the phone. The party you were speaking with is put on hold, and you will hear a dial tone.
- Dial the phone number or extension of the party you want to transfer the call to, and press the Send softkey. Wait for the other party to answer so you can speak to them before transferring the call.
NOTE: To cancel the transfer and return to the original party, press the Cancel softkey once if you have not already started dialing, and twice if you have.
- When the other party is ready to accept the call, press the TRANSFER button toward the bottom-right of the phone again to transfer the call to them.
- While on a call, press the Blind softkey.
- Dial the phone number or extension of the party you want to transfer the call to.
- Press the Send softkey.
NOTE: By default, when you disconnect the call, the other two parties can still speak to each other until either party disconnects. This behavior can be changed by contacting Nextiva Support (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-4: Cancel Blind Transfer