Bria 3 is a business-class mobile and computer application provided by CounterPath. It includes the ability to transfer and conference calls. To set up the CounterPath Bria 3 program, follow the steps below:
Once your Bria 3 has been installed, run the application. You will be required to input a license key before the application will run. After you have installed and licensed the software, you can finish the setup process inside the Bria application.
Setting Up CounterPath Bria 3 on Windows:
- Visit nextiva.com, and click Client Login to log in to NextOS.
- From the NextOS Home Page, select Voice.
- From the Nextiva Voice Admin Dashboard, hover your cursor over Users and select Manage Users.
- Click the drop-down arrow under Select Model and select Generic SIP Phone.
- Select Assign to assign the device to a User.
- Click the drop-down arrow under Choose one user for assignment to this device to select a User to assign the device to. Click the Change Password check box, then click the Generate buttons to generate new authentication details.
Select a User and Generate Authentication Details
- Click Finish to apply changes.
- Ensure that the computer with the CounterPath Bria 3 installation has a physical hard-wire Internet connection. Wireless applications can lead to poor audio quality, depending on the strength of the signal.
- Once your Bria 3 has been installed, run the application. You will be required to input a license key before the application will run. Then, follow these steps:
- Select Preferences from the menu
- Under the Accounts Tab press “New SIP Account”
- Fill out the required information under the tab “Account”:
- Account name: Use a name that will help you identify this account name in the future.
- Under User Details:
- User ID: Input the SIP Username from the employee that will be using this device
- Domain: Input prod.voipdnsservers.com:5062
- Password: Input the Authentication Password from the employee that will be using this device
- Display name: This can be anything. This name will display when calling between Nextiva devices
- Authorization name: Input the Authentication Name for the employee that will be using this device
- Leave the Domain Proxy at default
- Click the tab labeled Topology towards the top of the window
- For Firewall traversal method, choose the None (use local IP address) radio button
- Click OK to save all
- Next, select Softphone at the top and then Preferences. Once the window opens, select the option labeled Audio Codecs on the left-hand side.
- Remove all current audio codecs with the exception of G711uLaw.
- Our last step will be to select the option on the left-hand menu labeled Calls and uncheck or disable the RTP inactivity timers.
- Push OK to save the changes. Bria 3 should now work properly with Nextiva’s Network. It is always a best practice to make a test call to ensure the softphone was set up properly.