NextOS 3.0: How to locate the current firmware version of your Panasonic KX-HDV130 & KX-HDV230
Nextiva can only register Panasonic phones on firmware version 1.066 or higher for the KX-HDV130 or 1.062 or higher for the KX-HDV230. Below are instructions for verifying the firmware version for a Panasonic KX-HDV130, and the steps are the same for the KX-HDV230. If it is on an older version of the firmware, the phone may fail to register or make/receive calls.
The firmware on your Panasonic device has now been updated
Follow These Steps:
- From the main screen, select Menu → Basic Settings → Other Option → Embedded Web → On. The phone will beep, indicating Embedded Web is now on.
- Press the Back softkey (left softkey) twice to go back to the main menu
- Select System Settings → Status → IPv4 Settings → IP Address. Record the IP Address that appears on the screen.
- Use your web browser to navigate to the IP Address of the phone.
Navigate to the Phone’s IP Address
- Enter admin as the username and adminpass as the password.
Log In to Phone Interface
- Verify the firmware version that displays on the screen matches the minimum requirements.
Current Firmware Version
- Click the Maintenance tab at the top of the screen.
- Click Firmware Maintenance on the left side of the screen.
- Enter http://dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/KXHDV130/firmware01.066.fw in the Firmware File URL text box if you have a KX-HDV130 or http://dm.nextiva.com:80/dms/Nextiva_Service_Provider/KXHDV230/firmware01.062.fw in the text box if you have a KX-HDV230.
Input Firmware File URL
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen. The phone should reboot. If it does not, manually reboot the phone by temporarily disconnecting the AC adapter from the back of the phone and reconnecting it.
NOTE: When this phone is power cycled for any reason, the embedded web feature is turned off and must be turned back on.