NextOS 3.0: How to set up Do Not Disturb (DND)
Do Not Disturb (DND) allows a user to automatically forward all the user’s incoming calls to voicemail. The caller hears no rings, just the user’s voicemail message. If no voicemail is configured, the caller will hear a busy tone until DND is turned off:
For Users, please click here for instructions
- For Administrators, log in to the NextOS 3.0 Beta portal by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on the customer Login found at the top right.
- Log in to the NextOS 3.0 Beta portal with your login credentials.
- From the main dashboard, click Manage in the Users tile (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Manage Users
Don’t see this? Click here for previous versions.
- Hover your cursor over the user you want to set up Do Not Disturb for, and click the pencil icon to the right (Figure 1-2).
Figure 1-2: Edit User
- Scroll down, and select the Routing section (Figure 1-3).
Figure 1-3: Routing Section
- Click the pencil icon to the right of Do not disturb (Figure 1-4).
Figure 1-4: Do Not Disturb
- If desired, select the Play Ring Reminder when a call is blocked check-box. This option will play a short ring when an incoming call is blocked (Figure 1-5).
Figure 1-5: Add Speed Dial
- Click the gray OFF button at the upper-left of the Do not disturb menu to turn the feature to ON. A pop-up message appears stating that the Do Not Disturb settings were saved successfully (Figure 1-6):
Figure 1-6: Play Ring Reminder
Using Do Not Disturb through a phone via feature access code:
The feature access code for this feature does not change, regardless of phone model or manufacturer.
NOTE: in this guide off-hook is used to describe when a phone is in use, or has a dial tone before a call is made. On-hook describes when a phone is idle.
- Go off-hook.
- Dial *78 to activate Do not distrub, or *79 to deactivate Do not disturb.
- You will hear an automated message stating “Your Do not disturb services has been activated successfully” or “Your Do not disturb services has been deactivated successfully.”
- After the message is finsihed playing, the phone will automatically hang up.
NextOS 2.0: How to set up Do Not Disturb
Do Not Disturb allows you to turn off your phone and send all incoming calls to your voicemail. The caller hears no rings, just your voicemail message. Once Do Not Disturb (DND) is active, all incoming calls will be forwarded to your voicemail. If there is no voicemail configured, all callers will hear a busy tone until DND is turned off.
To activate Do Not Disturb from your phone:
- Most phones have a dedicated hard button for Do Not Disturb (sometimes labeled DND). Alternatively, there may be a soft key labeled DND at the bottom of the screen on the phone, visible while the phone is in its idle state.
Press the Do Not Disturb button on your phone. If your phone does not have a DND button, follow the instructions below.
You can dial *78 to activate, or *79 to deactivate DND.
To activate this feature from the Nextiva Portal:
- For administrators, log in to the NextOS Portal by going to www.nextiva.com and selecting Customer Login from the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in. Select Sites & Employees then click on Login under the Admin Login column. Click Users and search for the employee whose information you wish to edit. Click Edit.
For users, log in to the Customer Portal by going to cp.nextiva.com.
Click on Incoming Calls under the Options menu on the left side of the screen. Under the Basic column, select Do Not Disturb.
Click the feature On and press OK. It should now say “Do Not Disturb – On.”
If you have any questions, contact our Support Team here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to NextOS 3.0
NextOS 3.0: How to set up Do Not Disturb as a User
Do Not Disturb (DND) allows you to automatically forward all your incoming calls to voicemail. The caller hears no rings, just your voicemail message. If no voicemail is configured, the caller will hear a busy tone until DND is turned off. Follow the steps below to set up Do Not Disturb:
Back to Administrator instructions
- For Users, log in to the NextOS 3.0 portal by visiting www.nextiva.com and clicking on Login found at the top right
- Log in to the NextOS 3.0 portal with your login credentials.
- From the main dashboard, click the pencil icon to the right of Do Not Disturb in the My active features tile, or click the blue All features button at the bottom right of the tile if it is not listed.
- Click the Routing section.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of Do not disturb.
- If desigred, select the Play Ring Reminder when a call is blocked check box. This option will play a short ring when an incoming call is blocked (Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1: Do Not Disturb
- Click the green Save button on the right side of the screen. A pop-up message will confirm if the Do Not Disturb setting has been updated.
- Make sure the ON/OFF button is set to ON. If it is set to OFF, click the button to change the settings to ON.
Tags: Do Not Disturb
, Feature Setup
, NextOS 3.0