When setting up a new device on your Nextiva account, the first two steps are to Add a Device and Create Employees.
Be sure to complete these steps before provisioning your phone(s). If you purchased your new phone(s) directly from Nextiva, you are all set! You should now be able to make a test call.
If you did not purchase your phone(s) from Nextiva, please follow these setup steps.
How to set up a Polycom SoundPoint IP 331:
- To start, please be sure you have added the device’s MAC to the account and associated it with a user. Then, make sure your Polycom is showing firmware in the 4.x.x range. Check firmware.
- Once you verify your phone is showing 4.x.x firmware, reboot the phone (or unplug it and plug it back in). You’ll see a 10 second countdown timer displayed on the phone after reboot.
- Press the Setup key when it is displayed on the screen.
- You will be prompted to enter your password. The password, by default, is 456.
- Scroll down to Server Menu and press Select.
- Edit the Server Type and change it to HTTP using the left and right arrows on the phone. Select OK.
- Edit the Server Address and change it to dc.nextiva.com/uc331/.
- Important Note: The Server Address is case sensitive and has to match up precisely with the server URL (dc.nextiva.com/uc331/).
- There is a key labeled a/A/1 on the screen that can be used to alternate between lowercase/uppercase/numbers.
- The asterisk (*) key is used for periods.
- The pound (#) key is used for forward slashes(/), underscores(_), and dashes(-).