Since Nextiva Connect is primarily a forwarding service, there are two different ways you can forward calls:
- The auto-attendant can forward calls from a main business number.
- You can forward from an individual employee’s extension.
- To forward calls with Nextiva Connect via the auto-attendant, sign in to your Nextiva Connect account.
- Click on Sites, and then Auto Attendant
- Assuming you have your auto-attendant set up with an incoming phone number, optional schedule and greeting applied, you can then specify the number that should receive forwarded calls.
- You will see auto-attendant key options 1-9, as well as *, # and No Response. You can choose a forwarding number on any desired key option. Type the number you wish to forward to in the box to the right of the key option. When done, be sure to click the save changes button at the bottom of the page.
Once complete, your callers can now press the desired key based on what the recorded greeting instructs them to do, and they will then be forwarded to the number you specified. It’s a good idea to place a ‘1’ before the forward-to number.
Example: A mobile glass repair company gets an incoming call to their Nextiva Connect account. An incoming caller is greeted with a message that welcomes them and instructs them to press “1” for estimates. They press 1, which then forwards to the mobile phone number you selected and placed in the “1” key action. The mobile glass company gets the call to their mobile phone and secures the estimate job. Success!
- To forward calls with Nextiva Connect employee, sign in to your Nextiva Connect account.
- Click on Sites, then Employees, then Login
- From there, a new browser window or tab will open. You will see a list of new options on the left side.
- Under Features, click on the Forwarding Number Profiles link on the left-hand side of the page. You will then be in the forwarding numbers page for that specific employee. You can select up to 6 numbers to forward to. You can have the numbers ring at once or one at a time. Type the number you wish to forward to in the box to the right of the forwarding option. When done be sure to click the save changes button at the bottom of the page.
- You can also create multiple forwarding profiles, which you can manually switch between at your leisure. Next to Profile at the top, select Create. If you like, you can even set up schedules to automatically switch profiles.
Call Forwarding, connect, Nextiva Connect